54│LONDON, BABY!

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

Veronica walked out of Joey's room, clad in only his shirt, and yawned as she stretched out her arms. She hadn't gotten much sleep the night before because Monica kept unpacking her bag and making her repack it. Veronica was the type of girl who would bring a full-sized and fully packed suitcase for a two-day trip. So, a week in London meant she had packed more than all the friends combined.

And Monica, ever the helicopter mom of the group, was not happy about that. So, all of last night was spent with her going over Veronica's suitcases and trying to get her to agree to bring less clothes. But every time she managed to sneak something out, Veronica snuck it back in.

"Veronica, we're only going for a week!" Monica had huffed at the sight of all the bags she wanted to check in to the flight, "You're not moving there forever!"

"I know!" Veronica snapped, "But I need to change my outfit three times a day. And I need backups for those outfits in case I don't like them."

"But you're the one who picked out those outfits," Chandler said slowly, clearly confused, "How could you not like them?"

"Because I like them right now but I don't know if I'll still like them on the day," She scoffed as if it was obvious, no one except Rachel understood her train of thought.

Veronica had finally gotten so annoyed with Monica's incessant rambling that she agreed to only bring two suitcases. It was a few hours later that Monica found out that she'd agreed so easily because everything Monica had taken out of her suitcase ended up in Joey's suitcase.

Joey really couldn't say no to his girlfriend. He was more than happy to let Veronica's stuff take up half his suitcase. Hell, she could fill the entire thing with her stuff as long as she smiled at him all pretty like she did. In fact, he'd even emptied some of Chandler's bag and put her stuff in there for her.

"Morning," Veronica said through another yawn as she sat down on the barstool.

Chandler immediately put a plate of pancakes in front of her and a cup of orange juice. He reluctantly handed her the stack of mail with her name on it, having spent all morning discussing with Joey whether or not they should show them to her.

She'd been sending out her resume to all different law firms, having had enough of being a waitress. While she loved the people she worked with, she hated the people she worked for. But all she'd been getting back were, unfortunately, rejection letters.

And it seemed today was no different. She went through the letters with a bored look, having gotten used to the 'we are sorry to inform you' at the top of each page.

Before Joey and Chandler could try and cheer her up, Monica ran into the apartment.

"Guys, hurry up! The flight leaves in four hours! It could take time to get a taxi! There could be traffic! The plane could leave early! When we get to London, there could be a line at customs! Come on!" She yelled frantically before darting out of the apartment like a kid on a sugar rush.