69│WHAT HAPPENS IN VEGAS

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

The friends were in Vegas. They'd decided to piggyback on Monica's Vegas anniversary trip for Chandler since Phoebe wanted a redo of the London trip she missed out on and Veronica missed Joey.

"So, how much better is this than London?" Phoebe asked the second they walked into the hotel.

"I just love gambling in Vegas," Veronica grinned, "Sure, I may lose $100,000 but the drinks are free so it evens out!" She shrugged with a gleeful laugh.

"This place is so much better than London!" Phoebe exclaimed happily, "This lady dressed like Cleopatra gave me a coupon, 99 cent steak and lobster dinner. Huh!"

Monica's brows furrowed. "Phoebe, you don't eat animals."

"For 99 cents, I'd eat you," She scoffed, "Okay, I can totally settle down here. It's got everything I could ever want, including Joey!" She gasped and waved, "Look! Oh! Look! Hi! Joey!"

They turned in shock to see Joey dressed as a gladiator taking photos with hotel guests.

Joey's eyes widened when he saw them. "Hi!" He smiled awkwardly.

"Love your condoms, my man," Chandler huffed dryly.

"What-what are you guys doing here? I thought I told you not to come."

"Why are you dressed as a gladiator?" Phoebe asked instead of answering.

"...Uh, because I'm shooting a scene right now. Yeah, I uh, I play a gladiator. Uh, y'know what? Hold-hold on a second. Can we cut?" He yelled off to the side at no one in particular, "Yeah, my-my friends are here, I'm gonna take a little break."

Veronica rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "Truth, now," She demanded sharply.

"I work here," Joey said immediately, his voice squeaky with fear.

Chandler's eyes widened in shock. "Why?! What happened?!"

Joey sighed and frowned. "Well, the movie got shut down because they ran out of money, so I'm working here 'til it starts up again if it ever does."

Veronica pursed her lips before turning on her heel and walking away from the group.

"Ronnie!" Joey called after her desperately, "Veronica!"

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"Baby, open up," Joey begged as he banged on the door of her room.

"I'm not talking to you," She snapped.

His brows furrowed. "Then who are you talking to?"

"Ugh!" She huffed, flinging something at the door with a loud bang that made him jump.

"I have food," He said hopefully after a few minutes of silence.

Veronica reluctantly opened the door. "This is only because I hate plane food," She huffed.

"Can we talk about everything, please?" He begged as he picked off the vegetables he knew she didn't like from the plate he'd fixed her.

"No," She said simply as she started eating.

"Why?" He whined.

"Because when I wanted to talk you ignored me," She reminded him sharply, "And then you decided not to call me even once while you were gone. You let me feel bad for what happened while you were here having the time of your life!"

"I wasn't having the time of my life!" He argued vehemently, "You know how many times they almost fired me for being too Mopey? I missed you so much I could only eat three meals a day!"

"Well, whose fault is it that you missed me?!" She snapped, glaring at him, "You lied to me about the movie-"

"You made fun of my movie!" He countered.

"Not to your face!" She defended herself, "And I was right, anyway."

The two continued to argue and the hotel's reception desk continued to get noise complaints from angry guests in the rooms near Veronica's.

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"I don't know what to do," Joey huffed in exasperation after explaining to Ross and Chandler what had happened with Veronica.

"What do you usually do after you guys fight?" Ross asked.

"When Monica and I fight, I make a mess and pretend one of you guys did it and clean it up."

"Oh! You fight. See, Veronica and I never fight. Y'know until ten minutes ago," Joey explained.

"Of course you do," Ross scoffed.

"No," He corrected with a shrug, "And here's the secret. Every time it looks like we're about to get into a fight..."

"Joey, did you use my bra as a slingshot again?!" Veronica yelled as she held up her bra which now had the wire poking out.

Joey looked at her before silently standing up and walking out of the apartment casually.

"So any time you think you might have a fight, you just get up and leave?" Ross repeated slowly with furrowed brows.

"100% effective," He nodded and smiled proudly, "Can't fight if you're not there. That's what Gandhi taught us."

"Boy, that's not true," Ross chuckled.

"I can't believe that Veronica puts up with that," Chandler said in disbelief.

"Don't worry," Joey waved him off, "She's got a great way to avoid fights, too."

"Um, those cookies your mom sent over were for Chandler, right?" Veronica asked nervously as she held an empty container behind her back.

No, they weren't. Food is always for Joey," He said with a scoff, "Why? What is in your hand? Oh, my God, what is in your hand?" He cried out when he recognized the container.

Veronica just set the container down and started unbuttoning her shirt.

"Okay, so you walk away, and Veronica gets naked. Those are the two stupidest ways to handle conflict I've ever heard," Ross chuckled.

"Actually, the naked thing isn't bad," Chandler shrugged.

"You're right, Ross. Maybe I should try asking Ronnie to marry me and then say the wrong name at the altar," Joey shot back in a very Veronica-esque manner.

Ross opened and closed his mouth, trying to find a comeback but failing miserably. Meanwhile, Chandler let out a laugh, knowing Veronica would be proud.

"Wait, why am I taking dating advice from two-divorce Ross and Chandler?" Joey thought aloud with a frown, "I gotta find one of the girls. Bye."

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

〚𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄〛

So I know this chapter was incredibly short but it was just a filler chapter. The next chapter will be up in the next few days, I promise!

We're only one chapter away from season 6! What do you guys think/want to happen?

Please don't forget to vote and comment!

Have a great day and stay safe ♥♥