39│CHANDLER IN A BOX

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"I'm ignoring you," Veronica informed Joey as she crossed her arms haughtily.

Joey didn't say anything and just continued to flip through the channels on the TV.

She frowned and stared at him in disbelief before repeating loudly. "I said I'm ignoring you!"

Her jaw dropped when he continued to act as though she wasn't there. She had always been the center of attention and even if she wasn't she was never flat out ignored. She wasn't proud of what she did next.

"Don't ignore me! I'm ignoring you!" She wailed as she latched onto his shirt and shook him.

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

Chandler and Veronica were sitting at a table in Central Perk, talking about Joey.

"Why is Joey not talking to me?" Veronica asked Chandler with a frown.

He paused as he tried to think of how to answer her before settling on a shrug.

She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms with a huff. "I'm not the one who slept with Kathy, I don't get why he's acting weird around me."

"Because you slept with me," Chandler sighed and ran a hand across his face tiredly.

Her brows furrowed. "What?"

He pursed his lips and shook his head, deciding he didn't have any right talking about exactly why Joey was upset with her. "Look, he'll get over it soon. He can't stay mad at you."

She breathed out and nodded reluctantly. "Fine, I'll pretend like you don't know something that I don't. For now. But I will find out what you're hiding from me. Anyway, how is he with you?"

"I think I'm making some progress with Joey, when I went into the apartment he went straight into his bedroom but he only slammed the door once!" He grinned before he faltered and shrugged, "I mean yeah, he gave me the finger while doing it but..."

"Oh my God," Veronica's eyes widened sympathetically, "Is it really that bad?"

Chandler sighed heavily and frowned. "I walk into a room and he won't even talk to me, he just mumbles something in Italian. And I know he only knows the bad words."

"Aw sweetie," She cooed and grabbed his hand comfortingly.

As the two talked, they didn't notice Joey walk in and go to the counter.

"Hey Gunther, have you, uh, have you seen Chandler?" He asked immediately.

Gunther's brows furrowed. "I thought you were Chandler. But, um, one of you is over there."

Joey turned and frowned deeply when he saw Chandler and Veronica sitting together.

Veronica's eyes widened when she noticed him and she smiled as she waved.