68│JOEY'S BIG BREAK

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"Who ate my fries?!" Joey thundered as he stormed into the girls' apartment, "I swear I'm going to ki-"

"I did..." Veronica smiled sheepishly as she stood up from the couch.

"-kiss you and ask if you want more," Joey smiled as he wrapped an arm around her and looked down at her, "You haven't been eating enough, baby."

She smiled up at him and wrapped her arms around his waist, pulling him in for a hug.

"Thank you," Chandler mouthed to her gratefully as he munched on the rest of the fries to hide the evidence of his crime.

She didn't say anything, just opened her mouth and he quickly fed her the last of the fries.

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"...I can't decide which route to take to Vegas," Joey whined with a frown before he looked up at Phoebe, "Hey, you've traveled a lot right?"

Joey was going to shoot a movie in Vegas and Chandler was coming with him, he just needed to decide the route they were taking.

"Yeah, I've been around," She shrugged casually.

"Okay, so which route should I take; the Northern route or the Southern route?"

"Ooh, if you take the Northern route there's a man in Illinois with a beard of bees," Phoebe said.

"Great! Problem solved!" He smiled in relief.

Phoebe paused. "But on the Southern route there's a chicken that plays tic-tac-toe."

Joey's frown came back with a vengeance. "Well, back to square one."

"Oh, I know a way that you can decide! All right, I'm going to ask you a series of questions and you answer as quickly as you can. Okay, now I want you to relax. Take a deep breath. Clear your mind... Which do you like better, peanut butter or egg whites?"

"Peanut butter!" He yelled out, quick to get excited as usual.

"Who would you rather sleep with Monica or Rachel?

"Veronica," He answered without a second thought and smiled, "She's awesome."

Phoebe nodded proudly. "She is! But no thinking! No thinking! Tie or ascot?"

"Ascot! Veronica says they're in season and make me look hot," He smirked.

"Which would you rather be a fireman or a swimmer?"

"A fireman!"

Phoebe paused. "Because Veronica thinks they're hot?" She asked knowingly.

Joey smiled sheepishly, his cheeks turning red. "...Yeah," He admitted.