32│THE FOOTBALL GAME

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!" The guys cheered before they groaned in annoyance, "Awww!"

"Hey, it's your Thanksgiving too, y'know, instead of watching football, you could help," Phoebe complained as she took a break from helping Monica.

"We know," They brushed her off flippantly.

"Okay, Rachel, you wanna put the marshmallows in concentric circles," Monica reminded Rachel, who was just throwing marshmallows into the dessert bowl.

"No Mon, you want to put them in concentric circles," She corrected before shoving a marshmallow up Monica's nose, "I want to do this."

"Every year," Monica huffed as she rolled her eyes.

Veronica laughed at this which the friends were all thankful for. After her fight with Max at his apartment, they'd decided to give the relationship another try which is why he was coming over. But she couldn't seem to get over everything that had happened which is why she'd just been jumping between sadness and anger for the last week.

Max had been her first serious relationship in a while and she'd broken down in the taxi on the way home from his apartment. She didn't know what to do or how to feel about how everything had gone down between them. She didn't know what to do. To give up or keep trying.

Ever since then she'd gotten significantly closer to Chandler. The two had bonded over their screwed-up relationships and they'd been helping each other deal with everything.

Joey would be lying if he said it didn't make him jealous to see how close they were now.

"Y'know, for once, I am going to sit down and try to watch one of these things," Phoebe decided as she joined the boys in the living room.

As soon as she sat down the boy stood up. "Halftime."

"Hey, who wants to throw the ball around a little, maybe get a little three on four going?" Joey suggested as he threw the football from hand to hand.

"Oh!" Rachel grinned excitedly, "That would be so much fun!"

"Oh, can I play too? I've never played football, like ever," Phoebe begged.

"Great, you can cover Chandler," Joey nodded.

Chandler shook his head. "No, no, no, I don't really wanna play."

"Come on man!" Joey huffed in annoyance, "You and Ronnie never want to do anything since Jannice and Max."

Chandler glared at him. "That's not true! I wanted to wear my bathrobe and eat peanut clusters all day. I wanted to start drinking in the morning. Don't say that I don't have goals!"

"And I did start drinking in the morning," Veronica snapped, "Don't say that I don't do anything!"

Joey sighed as he looked at the two meaningfully. "Chandler, Veronica, you have to start getting over them. All right, if you play, you get some fresh air, maybe it'll take your mind off Janice and clear your head about Max. And if you don't play, everyone will be mad at you 'cause the teams won't be even. Come on," He begged.