35│WE WERE ON A BREAK!

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"Is he here?" Rachel whispered as she stood by the door of Chandler and Joey's apartment.

Chandler shook his head and let her in. "No."

"Hi!" Rachel greeted as she joined the rest of the friends in the living room.

"Hey!"

"You guys are gonna love me!" She sang as she clapped excitedly, "Okay, check it out, Thursday night, five tickets, Calvin Klein lingerie show, and you guys are coming with me."

The friends looked away from her awkwardly as they tried to think of a way to let her down gently. Well, all except Veronica.

"Oh, my God!" She squealed and threw her arms around Rachel excitedly.

Rachel frowned and looked at Veronica with furrowed brows. "Okay, I said that out loud right?"

"Yes, yes," Chandler nodded sheepishly. "It's just that we kinda already made plans with Ross."

Rachel's face fell. "Oh, well okay. Well, there you go."

"No, it's just that he got this new like home theater dealie, and he wants y'know, us to check it out," Phoebe explained with a shrug as she gave Rachel a sad smile.

Rachel pursed her lips and nodded stiffly. "Hm-mm."

"Yeah, he's really excited about it too, he even recorded showtimes on his answering machine."

"We're sorry honey," Monica frowned and rubbed her shoulder comfortingly.

"I'm not," Veronica scoffed and smiled warmly at her best friend, "I'm coming with you!"

"Ronnie!" Monica snapped and glared at her with a raised brow.

"What?" She huffed and shrugged, "It's not fair to leave her all on her own and you guys are all going to be with Ross. I think the dinosaur baby will be fine if I don't show up."

"Oh, it's okay," Rachel reassured her and shook her head, "You go with them."

"Nope. this Thursday night it's just you and me," Veronica promised her warmly.

Rachel nodded with a thankful smile as Veronica wrapped an arm around her.

"Rach, it's not that we don't want to, really," Joey promised her before he whispered, "Are we talking models in their underwear?"

She nodded. "And heels."

Joey's eyes widened and he turned to the friends desperately. They gave him pointed glares and he sighed reluctantly. "Ross did ask us first, and we set that night aside."

"No, hey, come on, if he asked you first, that's only fair," She shrugged and smiled tightly.

With that, she turned on her heel and walked out of the apartment.