60│JAMES MEETS JOEY

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"What am I sitting on?" Phoebe frowned as she shifted uncomfortably on the couch.

"Top of the world? Dock of the bay?" Chandler joked as he took a sip of his coffee.

Phoebe finally managed to find what the lump was, a pair of underwear. "Ew! Ew!" She yelped, her face scrunched up in a grimace as she threw it towards the kitchen, "Undies!"

Rachel gasped and jumped out of the way before she grabbed it with a pair of tongs. "All right! Who's are they? Who's are they?" She demanded, waving it threateningly.

"Well, they're not mine!" Ross said immediately as he held his hands up in defense.

Everyone turned to the only other possible culprits, Joey and Chandler. Monica and Chandler shared a panicked look as they tried to think of what to do.

"Well, they're Joey's!" Chandler all but yelled, "They gotta be Joey's!"

Joey's eyes widened in shock and he went to argue before he noticed the begging looks on Chandler and Monica's faces. He sighed and reluctantly nodded. "Yeah, they're mine."

"See? They're Joey's! J-J-J-J-J-Joey's!" Chandler stuttered out nervously, his heart racing at being so close to getting caught.

Ross' brows furrowed. "Why are they here?"

"I don't know uh..." He trailed off as he tried to think of something before he shrugged, "Well, I'm Joey. Yeah, I'm disgusting, I take my underwear off in other people's homes."

"Veronica did you have sex on the couch again?!" Monica exclaimed angrily, momentarily forgetting that Joey was just covering for her, who did in fact have sex on the couch.

"Ew! Ew! Ew!" Phoebe whined as she jumped off the couch with a grimace.

Veronica paused to think about it before she shrugged. "I mean, probably."

In that moment, Monica and Chandler had never been more thankful for Joey and Veronica's very active and very inappropriate sex life.

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"What are you guys doing?"

Chandler and Monica jumped away from each other and turned to Veronica, their hearts close to beating out of their chests at being caught. They'd been making out against the kitchen counter in the guys' apartment, having thought only Joey was in the apartment. The only silver lining was Chandler had his back turned to the bedroom doors, covering Monica's frame.

"Uh..." Chandler trailed off as he tried to think of a lie, "Monica had something in her eye!"

Veronica jumped at how suddenly his voice rose before she arched a brow suspiciously. She'd always been good at catching a lie. That behavioral analysis class she took in college really helped even if she spent most of it staring googly-eyed at the professor; Dr. Spencer Reid.