70│STAYS IN VEGAS

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

Veronica was sitting in the hotel bar that was slowly getting emptier and emptier as the night passed. She sighed and took a sip of her drink as she thought about her fight with Joey.

She didn't get to dwell on it much longer because Chandler sat down next to her with a huff.

"I won! I won!" Someone exclaimed happily, "$5,000!"

"Y'know, if I won $5,000 I'd join a gym, y'know build up my upper body and hit Richard from behind with a stick!" Chandler grumbled as he hit the air with an imaginary stick aggressively.

"You wanna talk about it?" She asked as she waved over the bartender for him.

"Nope," He said like she knew he would, "That's why I came out here. To hang out and get drunk with you."

"Well, I can't get drunk with you but I can maintain drunk with you," She smiled as she held up her glass.

He chuckled as held his beer up too before they both took a long sip.

Veronica was always Chandler's go-to whenever he had a relationship hiccup or any problem really. She was easy to talk to and he trusted her, not only to give him good advice but also to not make fun of him.

So, not long after he joined her, the two started discussing their respective fights. Chandler told her about Monica meeting up with Richard and how she thought it was okay to do it again, which Veronica readily admitted was actually not okay. And Veronica complained to him about how hurt she was that Joey decided to stay in Vegas for an indefinite amount of time without even thinking of telling her.

"I feel like doing something stupid," Veronica sighed, tired of wallowing in self-pity.

"I'm stupid, do me," Joey smiled brightly as he joined them, hoping the few hours alone were enough for her to calm down.

Veronica leaned over the bar, grabbed a beer that the bartender had been about to serve and poured it over Joey's head.

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"Hey Ronnie, how you doin'?" Joey tried his signature line with his charming smile, hoping it would work on her.

"I'm doin' good, baby," She smirked, her words slurring drunkenly, "How you doin'?"

Joey froze, not knowing how to reply to that and he gulped nervously. "Uh... Chandler, don't let her drink anymore!" He whined, his cheeks tinted a light red.

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"It won't come off!" Rachel exclaimed angrily as she stomped out of the bathroom.

Ross' eyes widened, seeing her face still covered in the marker drawings he'd done on the plane. "Oh my God! Rach, are-are you sure?"

She glared at him and smiled sarcastically. "No, actually I took it off then I drew it back on."

"Rach, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm sure we can get it off, okay?"

"Just give me your pen," She held her hand out expectantly.

He immediately started shuffling through his pockets, looking for it. "What? Why? What are you gonna do with it?"

"Well, I believe I'm going to stab you repeatedly."

"Not here," Veronica whispered so only the three of them could hear, "There are cameras everywhere. There's a blindspot in that corner over there."

Rachel smiled brightly at her best friend before she dragged Ross away.

"What do I want? What do I want?" Veronica mused as she shuffled dice in her hands, "Ooh! New shoes if I roll six!"

"Ronnie!" Joey yelled when he finally found her, she was at the craps table and she was on a roll as everyone around her cheered when she rolled six, "Can we talk please?" He begged.

"No," She shrugged before turning back to the table with a bright smile as she rolled the dice.

"All right, then just listen," He decided, "Look, I'm really sorry-"

That seemed to make her snap. "No. No, you're not. Because for weeks, I've been at home feeling guilty and sad about upsetting you when not only was I right but you were here living it up!"

She couldn't believe that he would ignore her for weeks without once thinking of calling her directly. And at first, she thought it was because he was working on the movie that she'd talked down which she could understand.

But for her to have been right about the movie and for him to spend weeks lying about it and letting her feel so bad about everything when he was living it up in Vegas, that hurt.

"I was not living it up in Vegas!" Joey argued, "I was sad all the time because I missed you!"

"Well, you wouldn't have had to miss me if you just called me!" She snapped sharply.

"Hey! Are you going to roll or what?" One of the onlookers called, getting impatient.

"Don't yell at her!" Joey glared at the man, making him shrink back in fear. He turned back to Veronica and his voice softened and warmed, "Look... Chandler and Monica aren't fighting anymore!" He pointed to the now happy couple walking over to them.

"Hey, guys," They smiled, their arms wrapped around each other, "We're getting married!"

"What?!" Joey and Veronica gasped in shock.

"How'd you go from fighting to married?" Veronica blubbered out, thinking they were kidding.

"We bet on it," Monica shrugged casually before they walked away to find the chapel.

That made Veronica pause and look at the dice in her hands.

"Okay, if I roll a hard eight then we forget whatever happened," She decided.

Joey grinned before he paused. "...And if you don't?" He asked nervously. 

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

〚𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄〛

These last two chapters were really rushed and I hate them but they are setting up season 6, which I'm really excited for and actually motivated to write. 

Season 6, here we come!

Please don't forget to vote and comment!

Have a great day and stay safe ♥♥