13│POKER NIGHT

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"Uh, Rach, we're running low on resumes over here," Ross called from his station. The friends were currently spread around the apartment in stations to help Rachel mail out resumes as they whistled Colonel Bogey March.

Joey and Veronica were sitting next to each other as Joey put the resumes into the envelopes before he handed them to Veronica to seal. He winced when he got a paper cut on his finger but he smiled fondly when Veronica pecked his finger before getting back to the envelopes.

"Do you really want a job with Popular Mechanics?" Monica furrowed her brows as she looked down at the address on the envelope.

"Well, if you're gonna work for mechanics, those are the ones to work for," Chandler joked as usual.

Rachel rolled her eyes as she collected the letters into a box. "Hey, look, you guys, I'm going for anything here, OK? I cannot be a waitress anymore, I mean it. I'm sick of the lousy tips, I'm sick of being called 'Excuse me'."

"Rach, did you proofread these?" Ross called as he held one out, this was the first one he'd bothered to read since they'd started about an hour ago.

Rachel paused before she made her way over to him in worry. "Uh, yeah, why?"

"Uh, nothing, I'm sure they'll be impressed with your excellent 'compuper' skills," Ross tried not to laugh as he read the typo out loud.

"Oh my God!" Rachel whined as she grabbed the resume to see for herself, "Oh, do you think it's on all of them?"

The friends shared a look at Rachel's dumb question. She really didn't have the best 'compuper' skills if she was asking that.

"Oh no, I'm sure the Xerox machine caught a few," Joey shrugged sarcastically.

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"Hi ladies," Rachel called awkwardly when she saw Veronica, Phoebe, and Monica walk into Central Perk. She rushed over to them with her notepad, "Uh, can I get you anything? Did you bring the mail?"

Veronica nodded her head as she grabbed Monica's purse and fished them out. She'd been the one to pick up the letters but once she saw how many they were and how heavy they made her bag she dumped them into Monica's purse before she could realize.

"That's why my bag was so heavy!" Monica glared at her as she grabbed her bag back.

"Sure, we have scones left!" Rachel called loudly before she leaned closer to the girls, "Okay, read them to me."

"Dear Ms. Green, thank you for your inquiry, however..." Phoebe cut herself off and immediately crumpled the letter up.

"We have apple cinnamon, chocolate," Rachel trailed off as she tried to keep her manager off her back about socializing during working hours.