48│THE FAKE SURPRISE PARTY

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"What's wrong, Pheebs?" Monica asked when Phoebe walked in with a deep frown.

"I-I can't find anything that I want to eat! Everything I eat makes me nauseous! I'm telling you, being pregnant is no piece of cake—ooh! Cake!" Her smile dropped and she grimaced, "No."

Monica rubbed her shoulder sympathetically. "Aww, honey I'm sorry."

Phoebe froze, perking up. "Ooh! What is that smell? It's coming from the bathroom. Ooh!"

"Wow! Pregnancy does give you some weird cravings," Chandler chuckled.

Phoebe marched into the bathroom without even knocking, desperate to find whatever it was she was finally craving.

"It's me. It's Phoebe," She explained hurriedly when she heard Joey jump in the shower, "Listen there's something in here I want to eat, what-what smells so good?"

He poked his head through the shower curtain, his hair in a shampoo mohawk. "Is it the shampoo? It's guava."

She took a whiff and all but jumped back and fanned herself to get the smell away. "No!"

"Oh! Wait, wait!" He reached back into the shower, "Is it my bologna sandwich?"

Phoebe took a tentative whiff and frowned. "Yes. Yes. Yes. I can't believe it! The baby wants bologna! Maybe he wants me to eat meat? I can't eat meat!" She cried desperately.

This time Veronica poked her head out next to Joey's. "Wait, wait. Maybe it's the pickle?"

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"Hey, what have you guys been up to?" Joey asked Ross and Emily as they walked into Central Perk with wide smiles.

"Oh, we went to see a collection of Victorian doorknobs and the Cupert-Hewitt museum."

"Without me?!" Chandler scoffed sarcastically.

"My uncle dragged us there but it actually turned out to be really interesting. They were so ornate and beautiful, I mean look at that!" Emily grinned as she showed them a doorknob.

Monica stiffened and arched a brow. "I don't know how museums work in England but, here, you're not supposed to take stuff."

"I uh, I got it from the gift shop. They have really lax security there," Emily whispered as a joke but frowned when no one laughed, "It's a joke. Right, I've got to be off, I'll see ya. Buh-bye then."

Ross kissed her goodbye and watched her leave the coffee house with a lovesick smile.

"Wow! You guys seem to be having a good time," Joey chuckled at the goofy look on Ross' face.

"Oh yeah, she's amazing. And she's so much fun. And! Y'know what? When I'm with her I'm fun! I even signed up for helicopter classes," The friends stared at him in disbelief making him wave them off, "She's leaving in two days, I don't have to do it."