66│MARCH 31 MEETINGS

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"Okay, gotta go!" Rachel grinned, excited for her first day at her new job, "Wish me luck!"

"Good luck!" The friends all called, happy to finally see her get the job she'd wanted and to finally be able to get what they ordered at Central Perk.

Veronica had even made it a point to sit with Gunther while he interviewed for Rachel's replacement. She loved Rachel but no one could lie and say she'd been a good waitress.

"Hey Rach, now that you're working at Ralph Lauren, can you bring me back some of those polo shirts?" Chandler asked hopefully.

Rachel frowned, wondering how he was serious about that. "Uh well, y'know what? I don't think I feel comfortable stealing on my very first day."

He nodded. "Unwilling to steal from work, interesting."

"Besides, if anybody's gonna get free stuff, it's gonna be me," Monica smirked.

Veronica scoffed immediately. "Excuse you," She chuckled, "You mean me."

Rachel rolled her eyes as her roommate argued and cleared her throat. "Okay, guys, way to wish me luck!"

"Good luck! Go get 'em!" They repeated quickly with a sheepish smile.

"Okay, let's discuss Rachel's birthday," Phoebe said once Racher shut the door behind her, "I say we throw a surprise party this weekend."

Joey paused his brows furrowed. "Whoa-whoa, but her birthday isn't like for another month."

"Yeah but if we throw her a party on her birthday, then it's not a surprise," Phoebe explained as she rolled her eyes.

Monica smiled. "I think it's a great idea. Yeah, we could have a dinner party and just invite her close friends."

"Ross!" Joey yelled as he stepped towards the bathroom, "We're having a surprise party for Rachel!"

"Okay!" Ross' muffled voice came from behind the door.

Joey nodded and turned back to Monica. "Done."

"I'm done with birthdays," Veronica mused.

"What?!" Monica gasped in shock, "This coming from the girl who's demanded a birth week since she was in middle school?"

"I didn't say I was done with celebrating me but here's a thing I realized; you can't get older if you never have birthdays," She smirked. 

"I-I..." Monica trailed off and held her hands up, "It's too early to deal with this," She decided. 

"Okay, so do you want to do it together?" Phoebe asked her.

Monica nodded. "I would love to do it together!"

Joey giggled. "They're gonna do it together."

"Dude!" Chandler complained, "That's my girlfriend!"

He scoffed. "What, so I gotta shut it down now?"