43│DANCING PARTNERS

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

The friends, minus Ross, were having lunch at Monica's apartment. Veronica was wrapped up in Joey's arms as she sat on his lap while she touched up her makeup. Joey leaned his chin against her shoulder and tightened his grip on her waist fondly.

"Mascara?" He guessed as he watched her pull out various items from her makeup kit.

Veronica smiled and pecked his cheek to let him know he was right. It was a game they'd been playing even before they'd started dating, Joey would watch Veronica apply her makeup and try and guess what she was using. If he got it right, he got a peck on the cheek.

"Which one?" Veronica asked as she showed him two lipsticks, one red and one nude.

Joey stared at the two intently before he looked down at Veronica's outfit. "Red."

Veronica smiled fondly at him. "You learn so much faster than Chandler told me you do."

Joey had quickly gone from someone who didn't even know the difference between ruby red and cherry red to Veronica's amateur fashion connoisseur of sorts.

"Hey!" Phoebe grabbed Chandler's new waller, "New wallet, huh?"

"Yeah, it was time. The old condom ring in the leather just doesn't say 'cool' anymore."

"Rachel!" Monica snapped as she stormed over to the refrigerator.

Rachel jumped and turned to her with furrowed brows. "What?"

"You just put an empty carton back in the fridge!" Monica huffed as she took the carton out.

"Oh yeah, I know, but the garbage was full," She shrugged, not seeing the issue.

Monica rolled her eyes and scoffed. "Have you ever taken out the trash?"

"Well, I thought you liked doing it," Rachel said slowly as she grabbed the trash bag from Monica. She walked to the door but froze when she realized she didn't know where to go.

"Third door on the left," Monica snapped as she crossed her arms in irritation.

"Right!" Rachel nodded but still didn't move, this time turning to Veronica.

Veronica rolled her eyes and tapped Joey's arms, reluctantly he pulled his arms away from her.

"I don't even take out the trash at the job where I'm paid to do that," Veronica grumbled.

"Speaking of, doesn't your shift start in..." Chandler checked his watch, "An hour ago?"

"Yeah, yeah," Veronica brushed him off and followed Rachel out.

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"Oh! Hey, Mr. Treeger," Rachel smiled as she stumbled into the garbage room.