30│THE WEDDING DISASTER

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

It had been a week since everything that had happened between Veronica and Joey. Veronica had mustered up the courage to speak to him about it the next morning. It hadn't gone how she'd expected. Unknown to her, Joey had lied.

He'd promised her that he'd only tried to kiss her was because he'd been overwhelmed talking about Kate. He'd managed to convince her that she was not the 'Kate' he'd been talking about even though she really was.

"Come on out, honey! I'm telling you, you look good!" Ross promised before turning to the friends in a hushed whisper, "Tell her she looks good, tell her she looks good."

"Baby, you look beautiful in anything," Max called reassuringly and turned to the friends, "Whatever comes out of that room, you will pretend it could be in Vogue."

Rachel reluctantly stepped out of her room in the bright pink –and enormously frilly– bridesmaids dress that Mindy had picked out.

Phoebe couldn't contain her laugh. "Oh my God," She shrieked unconvincingly, "You look so good!"

"I can not believe I have to walk down the aisle in front of 200 people looking like something you drink when you're nauseous," Rachel mumbled as she crossed her arms with a pout.

"So don't," Ross scoffed, "I don't see why we have to go to this thing anyway, it's your ex-fiance's wedding."

"Because I promised Mindy I would," Rachel snapped with a glare.

"Yeah, well you promised Barry, you'd marry him," Monica scoffed with a laugh before shrinking back in fear at the scowl Rachel sent her.

"C'mon, baby," Max begged from behind Veronica's closed door, "Rachel's wearing it too and I'm sure you make the dress look like a million bucks."

Veronica's door finally opened and she stepped out with her head held high and her lips pulled into a proud smile as she twirled.

"What the hell?!" Rachel gaped at her in shock.

The only thing that was the same between their two dresses was the color.

"What?" Veronica scoffed with a confident shrug, "You didn't really think I would let anyone see me dressed as a human cupcake. I would drop dead before that happened."

"You'd make a cute cupcake," Max wrapped his arm around her.

"Cute enough to eat?" She smiled suggestively before leaning up to kiss him.

Veronica had sent her hideous bridesmaid dress to a tailor to fix the pink mess. She'd been complaining about it at the diner one night and Oleg had offered to get his cousin, a tailor, to fix it up for her. It seemed sketchy but she figured the dress couldn't get any uglier so she agreed. It also helped that Oleg promised it wouldn't cost her much.