17│THE SHOPPING TRIP

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"Rachel, do you have any muffins left?" Julie asked once everyone had shuffled their drinks after Rachel passed them out in the wrong order.

"Yeah," She nodded without turning to look at her, "I forget which ones."

"Oh, you're busy, that's ok, I'll get it. Anybody else want one?" Julie smiled at the rest of the friends as she stood up.

"No thanks."

"No, I'm all set."

"Oh, you're losin' your apron here, let me get it," Julie re-tied Rachel's apron for her before going to check out the muffins, "There you go."

"Thank you," Rachel smiled fakely at her before turning to the friends with a huff, "What a bitch."

"Oh, listen you guys," Julie called as she came back over to the friends, "I have this friend at Bloomingdale's who's quitting tomorrow and he wants to abuse his discount. So, anyone want to come with me and take advantage of it?"

Phoebe shook her head. "I can't, I have to take my grandmother to the vet."

Monica looked to Veronica with a hopeful look but she just shook her head. Veronica was not about to cheat on Rachel and in her place of worship no less.

Monica sighed and gave Julie a sheepish shrug. "Okay, um, I'll go with you."

Julie grinned. "Great."

"Hi, honey," Ross called from the door to Central Perk as he took off his jacket.

"Hey, sweetums," Chandler immediately answered.

"Hello to the rest," Ross rolled his eyes as Julie rushed up to greet him.

"Hi!" The rest of the friends called.

"Monica, what're you doin'?" Joey turned to her with wide eyes, "You can't go shopping with her? What about Rachel?"

"And in Bloomingdale's of all places?!" Veronica whisper-yelled with a pointed look, "It's like you want her to hate you."

Monica sighed as she bit her lip. "It's gonna be a problem, isn't it?"

"That's putting it lightly," Veronica scoffed.

"Come on, you're going to Bloomingdale's with Julie? That's like cheating on Rachel in her house of worship," Chandler pointed out and Veronica smiled at him. That's exactly what she'd thought.

"But I'm..."

"Monica, she will kill you," Phoebe cut her off bluntly, "She will kill you like a dog in the street."

Before Monica could say anything else Ross joined them as Julie went to order a cup of coffee for him.

"So, uh, Jules tells me you guys are going shopping tomorrow?" He smiled.