64│THEY DON'T KNOW WE KNOW THEY KNOW

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"Oh my God!" Ross breathed out in awe as he looked around the apartment, "I love this apartment! Isn't it perfect?! I can't believe I never realized how great it is!" He grinned.

Ugly Naked Guy was moving out and the friends had suggested Ross apply for his apartment.

"Well that is because your eye immediately goes to the big naked man," Rachel pointed out.

"Wow, this place is great once you look past the big naked man," Veronica marveled at the apartment as she stepped inside.

"Veronica?" Rachel frowned with furrowed brows, "Aren't you supposed to be golfing?"

The law firm had arranged a golfing match for today as a team bonding exercise.

"I was losing, so I faked an injury, and here I am," She shrugged with a smile.

"So, you guys all think the apartment is great?" Ross asked them excitedly.

"It's amazing! You better hurry up and fill out an application or I'm gonna beat you to it," Phoebe teased but there was an edge of seriousness in her voice when she looked around.

Ross laughed before his face fell when she took a step towards the door. He quickly pushed past her and ran out the door without a glance behind him.

"Nice one!" Veronica laughed as she held her hand out to the blonde for a high-five.

"Well, I never thought I'd say this, but I'm gonna go use Ugly Naked Guy's bathroom," Rachel giggled before she walked to the bathroom.

"I really want to sit because these heels are like little needles stabbing my feet but I know what's been on that couch," Veronica grimaced as she looked down at the couch.

"Just take them off," Phoebe shrugged like it was obvious.

Veronica gaped at her in disbelief. "And ruin the entire look? If there's one thing my mother ever taught me it was that you never take off your heels."

"Well, then why don't you just wear flats?"

Veronica scoffed. "Never. I would rather crawl," She said sternly.

Phoebe rolled her eyes and looked out at the view of the window. "Oh, look! There's Monica and Chandler! Hey! Hey, you guys! Hey!" She waved like an excited child.

"Heels, huh?" Rachel said knowingly when she walked back into the living room and noticed Veronica was shuffling from one foot to the other, "Can't take 'em off," She said sympathetically.

The two had both had the hell rule ingrained in them very early on by their mothers. It was why Rachel opted not to wear heels as much as Veronica did because she couldn't bring herself to break the rule either.

"Ohh! Ohh! Ahh-ahhh!" Phoebe yelled in shock, her jaw dropping.

Rachel's eyes widened in worry. "What?!"