8│CHANDLER'S QUALITY

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"Couldn't enjoy a cup of noodles after that. I mean, is that ridiculous? Can you believe she actually thought that?" Chandler scoffed as he told the friends about his day at work.

One of his coworkers offered to set him up on a date and he was excited. Until he found out she was planning on setting him up with a guy.

"Um, yeah," Rachel laughed, "Well, I mean, when I first met you, y'know, I thought maybe, possibly, you might be."

"You did?" Chandler frowned.

"Yeah, but then you spent Phoebe's entire birthday party talking to my breasts, so then I figured maybe not," Rachel shrugged.

"Huh. Did, uh, any of the rest of you guys think that when you first met me?" Chandler slowly asked the rest of the group.

"I did," Monica nodded.

"Yeah, I think so, yeah," Phoebe agreed.

"I did too until I wore that black dress to Phoebe's birthday party and all you could do was make weird noises every time I talked to you," Veronica explained.

"Not me," Joey shook his head.

"No, no, me neither. Although, uh, y'know, back in college, Susan Sallidor did," Ross trailed off.

Chandler's eyes widened. "You're kidding! Did you tell her I wasn't?"

"No. No, it's just 'cause, uh, I kinda wanted to go out with her too, so I told her, actually, you were seeing Bernie Spellman... who also liked her, so," Ross gave him a sheepish smile.

Joey smirked and gave Ross a high five.

"Well, this is fascinating," Chandler huffed, "So, uh, what is it about me?"

Phoebe shrugged. "I dunno, 'cause you're smart, you're funny-"

Chandler cut her off. "Ross is smart and funny, d'you ever think that about him?"

"Yeah! Right!" The group laughed.

"What is it?!" Chandler yelled, his jaw clenched.

"Okay, I-I d'know, you just- you have a quality," Monica tried to explain.

"Yes. Absolutely. A quality," The friends agreed with her, adding nothing to help him understand this 'quality' that he has.

"Oh, oh, a quality, good, because I was worried you guys were gonna be vague about this," Chandler muttered sarcastically.

Before anyone could say anything else they were cut off by the phone ringing.

"Hello? Hello? Oh! Rachel, it's Paolo calling from Rome," Monica handed the phone over to Rachel.

"Oh my God! Calling from Rome!" Rachel's face lit up as she grabbed the phone from Monica, "Bon giorno, caro mio."

Ross rolled his eyes. "So he's calling from Rome. I could do that."