Chapter 5

I marvelled at the beautiful building in front of me, it was so grand that every new student stopped to look as older students rushed past casually as they had seen it a hundred times before

I marvelled at the beautiful building in front of me, it was so grand that every new student stopped to look as older students rushed past casually as they had seen it a hundred times before. I found my class fairly easily, once inside I got a few looks from the other students but most people where in their own little world to notice. The lessons went by fast and I enjoyed English literature, you could be dropped into a world of adventure, mystery and sometimes romance, for me it was a distraction on my lonely nights instead of being swallowed by my melancholy thoughts. Despite this it wasn't my passion. Over anything I wish I had the confidence to dance in front of others, I absolutely loved to get lost in music and let my body take me places how similarly to a novel it could tell a story. While stuck in my thoughts, I found myself stood outside the dance studio where inside was a charming boy. He radiated happiness as his body moved to Cool by Troye Sivan, he turned and smiled at me as the song finished.

 He radiated happiness as his body moved to Cool by Troye Sivan, he turned and smiled at me as the song finished

"Are you part of this class?" His friendly voice beamed as he ran to pack his bag by the door where I stood. "Oh no, no I'm not, I can't dance."

"Really you seemed interested?" I just shook my head and looked at my feet. " Here we do a group on a Wednesday, if you want to pop by, I'm actually looking for a partner" He handed me a small piece of card with his number and the details on. I thanked him and left, as much as I should just throw this away, a part of me wanted to keep it. Maybe I would think about it, he seemed nice enough and it was an amateur group. After picking up a hot chocolate and muffin at the coffee shop and perusing the library. It was starting to get dark and I knew I couldn't procrastinate anymore. It was time to go home.

Stood at the door I took a deep breath, adjusted my skirt to add some length and held my head up high, pushing open the door. The living room was empty, but a delightful smell and sound came from the kitchen. Quietly shutting the door, I made my way to the kitchen to find Tristian and Lawrence cooking what looked like cherry pie and Adrian and Jay sat at the island on their laptops playing music. I did not recognise the song, but I loved how it made me feel a rush of adrenaline, I was not really a fan of rock but this felt welcoming and familiar. As Tristian turned to head to the freezer for ice cream, he finally noticed me observing them in their natural habitat.