Chapter 58

Mel Pov

"Hi" Ophelia smiled, a delicate twinkle shone from her eye, instantly enticing me.

"I brought a picnic for Flo and I, would you like to join us?" I ask, wanting to learn more about this beautiful girl stood in front of me.

"Y..ess please" She stuttered biting her lip before looking back at Flo. We strolled over to patch of grass that looked over a river and sat down.

"Dig in girls, have anything you like." I answer as I watched their eyes light up at the heart shaped sandwiches. They started to eat but my eyes struggled to stay off Ophelia, the way the girls communicated together was adorable, they giggled and smiled in sync seemed to be best friends even though they just met.

Ophelia is gorgeous. Her black bob of hair shapes her face perfectly and her outfit contrasted against her very obvious sweet nature.

"Where are you from Ophelia?" I ask noticing she has finished her food.

"Here, I live just at the end of the river, how about you?"

"Just past the strawberry fields "

Her eyes lit up a big smile taking over her face.

"Oh I love the strawberry fields, they are so pretty. My family goes strawberry picking every year".

" Maybe we can go sometime ?" I suggest, finger crossed tightly hoping she was accept.

"Yes that sounds great" She blushes looking back down at her lap.

"I actually have to go now , I'm meeting my mother at her work" She stands up, in front of the sun giving herself a temporary halo.

"Be safe, text me whenever" Flo smiled giving Ophelia a hug goodbye.

"I will definitely" she giggled before waving at me and walking off in the other direction.

"Isn't Ophie amazing" Flo squealed in delight packing up the picnic I made and heading to the car.

"She seems it"

She gave me a knowing smile that meant she knew how I felt before hopping into the car.

I set off back to the house the sun starting to set early tonight. As we past the forest I could see Flo's eyes dilate and try searching for views of the lake, which was positively adorable. I parked up in a small bay a look of confusion taking over her face. Checking quickly on my dog who was asleep in the back, I opened the window a bit for him.

"Want to do something fun?"

"Okay...." She said hesitantly before getting out the car with me. With her hand in mine, I guided her through the forest past blackberry bushes and old oak trees till finally we reached the lake.

 With her hand in mine, I guided her through the forest past blackberry bushes and old oak trees till finally we reached the lake

Flo's POV

The lake glistened under the setting sun, a magical aura emitting from this wonderland of water.