johnny - day off

word count : 394

-

you reached your hand to the nightstand and tried to grab your glasses, however your glasses were no where on the nightstand.

you carefully brought your legs to the floor and tried to find your glasses, but again, you couldn't feel them anywhere near you.

"babe?" you called out to your boyfriend.

"yea?" he answered from outside the room.

"have you seen my glasses?" you asked him and got off of the bed. you managed walk out of the room and not stub your toe.

"no, i haven't. are they not on the nightstand?" he asked. you shook your head, hoping that he was looking at you to see your response. "yea, i don't know where they are. i'll be right back, i'm going to check the mailbox," he said and you heard the front door open and close.

you sighed and put your hands out in front of you before you started walking around. you touched various pieces of furniture in hopes that you would find your glasses. you heard the front door open and close and heard johnny out his shoes on the shoe rack.

"are you sure you didn't see them?" you asked him.

"i didn't see them. can't you just put contacts in?" he instantly replied and you saw him walk past you.

"i ran out of disposable ones," you mentioned.

you walked back to your room and tried touching the top of the dresser. "oh! i found them!" johnny suddenly exclaimed.

"huh?" you whipped your body around. "could you hand them over?" you asked.

"reach out," johnny instructed. you did so. "higher. higher. a bit higher..." you kept reaching up but eventually your face hit johnny's chest, and you felt him wrap an arm around you.

"you took them from me, didn't you?..." you asked, your voice a bit muffled since your face was against his chest still.

johnny chuckled, "maybe."

"it'd be nice if i could actually see," you commented.

"but you can see me from here, right?" he asked and brought his face closer to yours. "i'm the only thing you should be looking at anyways."

"you're ugly."

"wow, don't need to be rude now," he said. "let's go watch a movie," he suggested.

"glasses."

"oh, here," johnny said and finally gave you your glasses back. you put them on and followed him out of the room.