doyoung - birthday

word count : 800

-

"y/n! happy birthday!" jisung and jeno greeted you as you walked into the building.

"oh, thank you guys," you smiled at them.

"doyoung hyung isn't back yet?" jisung asked you.

you shook your head, "him and the "make a wish" guys will be back on saturday."

"we're still hanging out tonight, right?" jeno asked.

you nodded, "kun said he was cooking so i might as well."

jisung smiled, "great!"

jeno looked at the time on his phone, "jisung, we need to go."

"huh? oh, right. we'll see you later, noona," jisung said.

"see you guys later," you waved at them, and the two guys waved at you as they left the building. you walked further into the building and walked up a flight of stairs. you walked into one of the rooms and saw the photoshoot area set up.

"hey y/n! happy birthday!" one of your friends greeted you. you waved and sat down at one of the vanities.

"hi, thank you," you smiled.

"wow, you look good today. i don't need to do much," she complemented you and started fixing your hair. "you have any plans for tonight?"

"i'm hanging out at wayv's dorm with nct," you mentioned.

"oh, that sounds nice," she smiled and used a bit of hairspray in your hair.

you finished getting ready and started getting photos taken of you for a magazine. there were other models as well, so it took awhile before all of the photos were taken.

a few hours passed by and it was time for you to head over to wayv's dorm. you grabbed your bag and left the room. you went downstairs and waited in the lobby for some of the guys to pick you up.

"hey y/n," you looked up from your seat and saw johnny, tae il, and sungchan.

"hi guys," you stood up from the chair you were sitting on. "you guys are done with schedules?" you asked.

"we got done earlier than expected," tae il mentioned. "come on, let's go."

you guys left the building and went to tae il's car. sungchan opened the back door as tae il and johnny got into the front seats.

"thank you, sungchan," you said as you got into the car and sat behind tae il's seat.

"you're welcome, noona," sungchan smiled and sat next to you. you put your bag beside you as tae il started driving. "work it" immediately started playing once johnny turned on the sound system.

"thank you guys for picking me up," you spoke.

johnny looked back, "you know we're not letting you walk alone. people are crazy around here."

"yea, they really are," tae il commented and turned onto another street. "did doyoung call you yet?" he asked.

"he did, but i was asleep. he left a cute voice mail though," you mentioned and recalled the voice mail he sent you this morning.

the four of you made it to wayv's dorm. you guys walked to the dorm and johnny opened the door.

"guys! y/n's here!" johnny announced. you heard lots of people run as you took off your shoes.

"y/n! happy birthday!"

"hey! happy birthday!"

"happy birthday y/n!"

you were bombarded with greetings and "happy birthday" messages from everyone.

"thank you, thank you," you said. you made it into the living room and sat down on the couch, but you noticed shotaro standing next to jaehyun. "aren't you guys supposed to be in jeju?" you questioned and noticed taeyong, jaemin and lucas standing near the entrance to the kitchen.

"oh shit, we ruined the surprise," jaehyun realized and cursed.

"what surprise? we're just celebrating my birthday, right?" you asked in confusion.

and on cue, "make a wish" started playing and someone started flickering the lights. you laughed at the guys who started being silly. you noticed a small group of the guys huddled around something and slowly moving towards you.

whoever was flickering the lights stopped and the music was lowered. hendery turned around and you saw doyoung holding a birthday cake in his hands.

"babe!" you immediately smiled and stood up.

"hey, baby," doyoung greeted. nct started singing "happy birthday" to you, and you made a wish and blew out the candles on the cake. doyoung gave the cake to renjun so he could hug you.

"did you guys come back early? don't you guys have a lot of schedules?" you asked.

"yea, we got to come back cause of rescheduling," doyoung mentioned and kissed your lips. "happy birthday, baby."

"thank you," you said to him. you looked at the others, "and thank you guys. you guys are too sweet."

"okay, let's eat!" kun exclaimed and everyone started digging in. for the rest of the night, you enjoyed your birthday with your boyfriend and nct.