jisung - rainy day

word count : 493

-

"i'll meet you at the library," one of your friends said to you.

you nodded your head, "okay, see ya." you waved at your friends and walked in the opposite direction of them.

usually, you would walk home with your friends, but today you were meeting with your brother, jisung. you hadn't seen him much, but you two always try to eat out at least once every week or so.

as you walked onto another sidewalk. you felt rain start to fall. "oh you have got to be kidding me!" you exclaimed as it started to heavily rain. you ran under the closet awning, which was to a convenience store that was closed for the day. you took your backpack off and searched for your umbrella, but immediately realized that it was on your desk at home. you sighed, "great, just great..."

you took your phone out of your jacket pocket and quickly unlocked it. you reached messages and typed jisung's name in.

-

16:13

jisung oppa

[ y/n ]
oppa, are you busy
right now?

[ jisung ]
i just left so we can
meet up. did something
happen? are you okay?

[ y/n ]
i didn't think it was
going to rain today, so
i didn't bring my umbrella
😣

can you come and get
me please?

[ jisung ]
of course, sis. where
you at?

[ y/n ]
remember the convenience
store where we would
get those ice cream bars
with the blue wrappers?
i'm standing under the awning
since it closed early today.

[ jisung ]
okay, i'll be there in
a bit. just hang tight, sis.

[ y/n ]
thank you, jisung oppa!!
😊🥰

[ jisung ]
of course 👍🏻

-

you put your phone away and watched as cars drove by. very few people were walking and those who were walking had umbrellas.

you sighed as you waited for your brother. you were hungry, cold, and it was pouring rain.

"i remember like it's yesterday," you started to sing out of boredom. the rain continued pouring and you could barely hear your own voice because of how loud it was raining.

more cars drove by with their windshield wipers on as you waited. not as many people walked by but you leaned against the door to the store so people could pass under the awning.

"now it's all gone and i—"

"found a reason to be myself."

you turned your head and saw jisung walking under the awning, putting the umbrella down by his side.

"jisung!" you exclaimed.

"hey sis!" he smiled and huffed out. both of you hugged. "sorry i took so long to get here," he apologized.

"it's okay," you said to him and noticed that he was soaked. "did you run here?"

"huh? yea, i wanted to make sure you were okay," he said and brought the umbrella back up. "come on, let's go eat. and then i'll bring you by the practice rooms before taking you home."

"okay," you smiled and both of you headed out to go eat.