winwin - hospital

word count : 1,416

-

i/n - intern's name

d/l/n - doctor's last name

-

"did you go through the list? if so, i need your report on everything you've done today. email it to me please." you asked i/n. they nodded their head and left operating room. "okay guys, let's finish this up," you said. "clamp."

time passed by and i finished the last suture. "doctor, i can close her up," one of the surgeons said to me.

i nodded my head, "thank you doctor." i stepped away from the table and one of the nurses helped me get the bloody covers off. "i'll be leaving," you announced and exited the room. you took off the disposable items and threw them away. then, you washed your hands.

"doctor, you have a call," one of the nurses popped in. "line one."

"thank you!" you said and the nurse left. you dried your hands off and headed to the phone attached to the wall next to the windows. you grabbed the phone and pressed a button, "this is doctor l/n."

"hey," you recognized winwin's voice. "are you done with the surgery?"

"yes, doctor d/l/n is closing up for me. is something wrong?" you asked in concern.

"could you come up to my office?" he sighed.

"of course, i'll be there in a second," you said. then, you placed the phone against the receiver. you left the room and headed down the hallway towards a staircase that you have used to quickly get to winwin's office. you jogged up the staircase to the third floor and walked to winwin's office. the door was closed so you knocked of the door.

"come in," you heard winwin's voice from behind the door. you opened the door and saw him sitting at his desk. "close the door please, doctor," he said and you did so.

"did something happen?" you asked. as you approached him and he stood up.

"when i was in the emergency room earlier, your intern, i/n, was discharging a patient," he said.

you nodded my head, "i told them to do so, sir. did something happen?"

"your intern missed a vesicle in his tympanic membrane! the shingles turned into ramsay hunt syndrome! if he went back to work, something bad could've happened to a lot of people! doctor l/n, do you understand the repercussions that can occur because of this?" winwin yelled at me. "your intern was lucky that i had to go down there to talk to kun." he finished speaking.

you stayed silent but then spoke up, "it's my fault." you said, "i gave i/n too many responsibilities. i'll take the hit."

"excuse me?" winwin questioned me.

i placed my hand on my chest, "i'll take the hit. i/n is my responsibility, it's my fault, sir."

he sighed and walked to the window, "this better not happen again."

"it won't," you said.

"go."

you nodded your head even though winwin was looking out the window. then, you left the room and closed the door behind you.

you saw hendery walking towards you, "hendery!" you called him and he waved. you started walking to meet him in the center of the hallway, "do you know where i/n is?" you asked him.

hendery shrugged his shoulders, "not sure. are you still on shift?" he asked.

"no, i just got done with my last surgery of the day, but i'm on call," you answered. you saw his backpack on his back, "you're leaving?"