mark - sick

word count : 571

-

"hey y/n? can you make some soup?" mark asked while waddling out of the room with a blanket over his shoulders.

"i already am," you responded while standing at the stovetop. "go lay down in the room. it'll be done in few more minutes."

"it's cold in there," he said. you looked over and saw him lay down on the couch, grabbing another blanket to cover himself with.

you continued cooking and prepared some bowls with rice. then, you grabbed a spoon and tasted the soup, "okay! all done!" you announced and turned the stove off. you brought over the pot and set it on top of a stack of magazines that sat on the table in the living room.

you looked at mark and saw him with his eyes closed. you crouched down and brushed his hair with your hand.

"hey, you need to eat. you didn't eat much this morning," you said to him. mark opened his eyes and nodded his head before sitting up, moving the blankets off of him.

you went back to the kitchen and grabbed empty bowls and the bowls of rice along with some utensils. you returned to the living room and put everything on the table.

"would you like me to feed you?" you asked him.

mark chuckled, "nah, i can feed myself."

"okay," you put some soup into the empty bowls. mark started eating and you noticed him smile. "what?" you asked.

"it's really good," he said and drank some more soup. "thank you."

"of course," you replied. "oh, let me get you some water." you said and went back into the kitchen. you opened the door to the pantry and grabbed a bottle of water. you returned to the living room and handed the bottle to mark.

"thanks," mark said and opened the bottle. "you should sit and eat. you haven't taken a break yet."

"i'm just taking care of you, babe. this is nothing," you said to him.

"but you should take a break. i don't want you to get sick from overworking," he said to you and drank some water. "sit down and eat with me," he suddenly pouted.

you smiled and sat down in the floor. you poured some soup for yourself and started eating with him.

"today's a good day," mark mentioned, "well, minus me being sick."

"at least you didn't have to go to practice, or else you would've been there for hours," you responded.

he nodded, "yea, probably." he finished up the last bit of soup. "i'm gonna lay down again," he said and stood up, grabbing both of the blankets.

"go take another nap, i'll wake you up when you need to take more medicine. i'll grab an extra blanket for you from upstairs too," you said to him.

"okay, but you better not overwork yourself," he said to you.

"look, i'm sitting and eating like you told me to do. now listen to me and go take a nap," you said to him. both of you started at each other before laughing at each other.

"alright, sleep time," he said and walked into the bedroom. you heard the bed springs squeak and peaked over to see him laying on the bed. you turned forward and grabbed the tv remote from the table. starting to watch a show, you turned the volume down and continued to eat before starting a few more chores.