jaehyun - one morning

word count : 521

-

"y/n! open the door!" you heard someone pounding on your front door. you opened your eyes and huffed out a sigh before sitting up. "y/n!"

who the hell comes to my house at seven in the morning?

even though your pillow was calling your name, you got out of bed and walked out of your room. you walked up to the front door and looked through the windows to see jaehyun standing there with bags in his hands.

you unlocked and opened the door, "what?" you asked, squinting at the brightness.

"good morning to you too. i'm making breakfast," jaehyun said and let himself in. he slipped his shoes off and put slippers on.

"oh sure, come on in and make breakfast. it's not like you woke me up and just barged into my house or anything," you sarcastically spoke. you closed the door and locked it again before walking away from the front door.

you heard jaehyun moving about in the kitchen but ignored him and went back into your room. you plopped down onto your bed and instantly closed your eyes, not even bothering to crawl beneath your blanket because of how tired you were.

-

after what felt like a long time, you woke up when you heard jaehyun walk into your room.

"i made food."

"sleepy," you spoke.

"i made your favorite."

you instantly sat up, "waffles with cinnamon sugar?" you asked.

you stared at jaehyun, who was wearing your apron. he nodded his head and grinned.

"come on, let's go," he instructed while walking out of your room, leaving the door open.

you bolted out of the room and followed jaehyun into the kitchen. you saw a bunch of plates with food on them.

you tied your hair back and sat down at the table while jaehyun waited for another waffle to finish cooking in your waffle machine.

"i can't believe you showed up and just made breakfast," you said to him before turning back to look at him. he had his back to you.

"you literally told me to come over and cook breakfast for you when we were on facetime last night," he replied and put a freshly made waffle onto one of the plates in front of him.

"but i was really just craving waffles, you didn't actually have to come over," you said and leaned your head back. jaehyun turned around and bent down so he could kiss your forehead.

"a "thank you" would suffice," he said to you.

you laughed, "thank you, babe."

"you're very welcome," he said and kissed your forehead again before taking the apron off and sitting next to you.

you drank some coffee, "you know, you should wear an apron more often," you said to him.

he stuffed with face with some pieces of waffle, "why?" he asked.

"you look pretty good in it. next time, wear the apron without a shirt on," you grinned and jaehyun rolled his eyes at you.

"hell no," he said.

"please?"

"maybe."

"i'll take that as a "yes"," you said to him and both of you continued eating breakfast together.