yuta - practice room

word count : 778

-

"nakamoto!" you yelled once you entered the practice room. yuta turned around and ran up to you with open arms. you threw your arms out just before yuta hugged you.

"hi y/n! i'm so happy to see you again!" he cheerfully said and both of you stopped hugging each other. "i can't believe you're here!"

"it's great to see you too!" you happily spoke. "how much time do i have to teach you?" you asked.

"two hours. by then, the guys will start coming in. they're coming from different places so they'll be staggering in," yuta answered.

you nodded your head, "let's get started." you placed your bag down on a table and pulled out your laptop. "how do i connect my laptop to this? and could i have the wifi password?" you asked him.

"here, i got it." you stepped aside while yuta connected your laptop to the sound system.

you leaned against the table, "i'm glad that i could see you again."

he looked up at you, "me too," he smiled and looked back down at the computer. "all done."

"thank you," you responded and clicked on a file. "i guess we should go ahead and start, huh?" you asked him.

"yea, hopefully we'll get done in time," he answered.

you started teaching him the choreography. it was a lot of work but you managed to finish as some of his friends came into the room.

"want to do it with the music?" you asked yuta. "and then we'll start teaching them."

"sure," he answered. you jogged to the table. "hey jaemin, can you record us?"

"uh huh," you heard his friend answer.

your laptop woke up and you quickly entered the password in. then, you opened a file and looked for the edited music. you clicked on the music link and the song started playing.

both of you danced to the whole song while more guys entered the room. since the ending pose wasn't created, you just decided to be silly and hold up v signs. once the song faded away, you slumped all the way to the ground.

"why did you create something with so many moves? this dance is too fast!" yuta complained to you while stretching his arms.

"i was asked to make something fast and that's what i did, nakamoto," you answered and wiped the sweat off of your face with your hands. you stood up and looked at the other guys in the room, "hi, i'm y/n, you guys will probably want to get a few extra water bottles." you said with a laugh.

"we're learning all of it today?" one of the younger guys asked.

"yea, we'll probably be here until late," yuta said and got up from the floor.

you walked to the table with your stuff and grabbed one of the many water bottles. you chugged a bit of water while yuta and his friends warmed up.

once you were done, you started teaching nct the choreography with yuta helping. although it took longer than the two hours that you had spent with yuta, you managed to finish teaching all of the choreography. you helped out with spots and details as the night progressed.

after what seemed like hours, the practice ended. you packed your backpack up while most of nct left.

"hey y/n?" you heard yuta speak from behind you.

"yes, nakamoto?" you replied and put your backpack over your shoulders. you turned around to look at him. "what's up?"

yuta put his hands in his pockets, "do you want to get a bite to eat?" you could tell he was a bit nervous.

you smiled, "is this your way of asking me on a date?" both of you laughed.

"i guess so," yuta replied with a huge smile. "come on, let me show you my favorite place to go to," he said and held out his hand.

you took his hand, "sounds like a great plan."

both of you walked out of the practice room and walked down the hallway.

"so this is when i tell you that i was gonna ask you out to eat too?" you asked him and both of you laughed again.

yuta stopped holding your hand and put his arm over your shoulder, "we sound so cliche right now."

"you can say that again."

"we sound—ow!" you pinched his side. "meanie..."

"uh huh? says the one that poured a bucket of water back when we were in grade school."

"i have no idea what you're talking about." you pinched him again, "hey! y/n!"

you rolled your eyes and laughed, "come on. let's go eat something."