mark - first date

word count : 503

-

y/f/n - your friend's name

-

you entered your favorite coffee shop and walked up to the register. you ordered a frappuccino and a coffee as well as some cookies, and then you paid for your order. you held the cookies in your hands. as you waited for the drinks to be made, you checked your social media accounts and texted your co-workers.

"y/n," you heard your name being called and walked to the counter.

"thank you," you said and grabbed the drinks. you walked to a table and sat down, placing the coffee in front of the empty seat. still looking at your phone screen, you scrolled through more social media until you heard a chair being slid out and sensed someone in front of you, "so how'd it go with y/f/n?" you asked. you put your phone down and saw mark with his head on the table. he lifted his head and looked straight at you, glaring at you, "uh oh..." you said muttered underneath your breath.

"she asked me to go to a movie with her," mark spoke.

"and what's wrong with that?" you asked him.

"i don't know y/n. i just don't think she's the one. she's really nice but i don't think—"

"mark," you interrupted and slid his coffee close to him. he put his elbow on the table with his hand holding up his head and held the coffee cup in the other hand, "i've been playing matchmaker for the past two weeks. when are you actually going to go on a date with anyone? you literally left each date and i was the one to lie and give the excuse of "i'm sorry, he had a schedule" or "he had a performance"." you finished took a sip of your drink.

mark sighed and put the coffee cup on the table, "i'm sorry y/n."

"so what are you going to do now? want me to ask another girl so you can waste her time?" you asked him.

he stayed silent, thinking to himself. then, he smiled, "okay, i have an idea." he said to you.

"which is?" you asked.

"let me take you on a date. if i leave within ten minutes, then i'll accept my life as a single guy," mark suggested.

you raised an eyebrow and took another sip of your drink. "why me?"

"cause i don't know many girls that are not idols and i thought you would instantly agree," he explained.

"you're weird."

"and desperate," he said and drank his coffee. "so, what do you say?"

"do you really want to go a date with me, mark?" you asked him.

he nodded his head and grinned, "yea." you smiled and drank your drink. "please tell me if that's a yes."

"how about we start now?" you asked with smiled at him. "but if you leave, then i'm kicking you in the shin."

"alrighty then," mark said. he sat up straight in the chair and smiled at you.