jaehyun - tattoo

word count : 1,045

-

"hello," you spoke once you entered a tattoo parlor.

"hey, y/n, i didn't know you were coming in today!" taeyong greeted you while tattooing a customer.

"johnny said i could come in before he has to leave. i only wanted to add something today," you mentioned.

taeyong stopped tattooing and looked up at you, "johnny already left. didn't he tell you?" he asked.

you stared at him in disbelief, "no, he didn't." you crossed your arms, "this is my only day off this week, and i've been trying to get this done for like a month. he kept blowing me off cause of his new gigs." you huffed out a big sigh.

taeyong looked around for a second before looking back at you, "jaehyun doesn't have any appointments today, he could do it for ya," taeyong pointed in another direction. "him and johnny have similar styles." you looked and saw another tattoo artist listening to music with headphones and sketching something.

"okay, thanks."

"hang on, come over here," taeyong called you over. you walked over to him and saw jaemin in the chair.

"hey," you ruffled jaemin's hair.

"hi noona," he responded and looked back down at his phone.

you looked at the tattoo jaemin was getting on his back before standing next to taeyong, "what's up?"

"jaehyun can be a bastard sometimes. just ignore it," taeyong said.

"okay, thanks for telling me," you said. taeyong nodded his head. you walked over to the other guy. once you reached him, you tapped his shoulder.

he pulled his an earbud out and continued sketching without looking at you, "yea?" he spoke in an annoyed matter.

"i'm a friend of taeyong's and johnny's. do you mind adding another rose for me?" you asked him.

"sit down," he bluntly said and rolled away from the tattoo chair.

enthusiastic much?

you placed your bag down and sat down on the chair. then, you rolled up your sleeve, revealing the tattoo johnny had done for you a few weeks prior.

you watched as jaehyun rolled back and looked at your tattoo. he held a sketch pad in his lap.

"did johnny design this?" he asked while trying to copy the style onto his sketch pad.

"i came up with everything but the roses," you answered. he looked up at you and then back down.

"cool," jaehyun replied. "where do you want this one?" he asked.

"here," you pointed to your collarbone and moved your shirt, revealing more of the tattoo.

"it's gonna hurt a lot. i don't think you'll be able to handle it." he said which made you tilt your head and cock your eyebrow at him.

"honey, i'm paying you to tattoo me, not to tell me which spots are the most painful to tattoo," you said to him with a bit of a country accent coming out.

"whatever you say," jaehyun responded and continued sketching. after a few minutes, he stenciled it. "you need to take off your shirt."

"huh? oh, right." you took your shirt off, thankful that you wore a sports bra, and tossed it on top of your bag. you laid on the chair and it reclined back. then, jaehyun put the stencil on you. "aren't you going to let me see it?" you asked him.

"it'll be fine." you mentally scoffed while jaehyun peeled back the paper. then, he prepared his tools and ink pots. "ya ready?" he asked.

"ready as i'll ever be," you answered. then, he started tattooing. it didn't feel as bad as the sessions you had with johnny, but you still took even breaths in and out.

you crossed your ankles and looked around the room as jaehyun tattooed you. "how many tattoos do you have?" he suddenly asked while tattooing.

"you're looking at it," you answered.

"i'd never expect a girl like you to have a tattoo like this. usually i tattoo a single rose or some meaning words on girls," he mentioned.

you answered, "it's too boring to get one rose." you looked at him and watched him tattoo, "you know, you don't have a lot of tattoos for a tattoo artist," you commented. then, you propped your head up with your free arm.

he smiled, "i don't have to have a body full of tattoos in order to be a tattoo artist."

"oh, you can smile, that's good to know," you said and he immediately frowned.

"i'm gonna charge you extra if you keep this up," jaehyun said. then, you hissed with the needle went over a bone, "you okay?" he sincerely asked.

you closed your eyes and nodded, "yea." you took deeper breaths in and out.

"we can take a break if you need it," he offered but you shook your head. you opened your eyes and continued watching him.

about an hour passed by and jaehyun finished tattooing.

"you're done?" you asked him. he pointed to a mirror next to a tv. you got up and looked at the tattoo. "wow," you looked at it in astonishment. "dude, thank you so much."

"glad you like it, or else johnny probably would have killed me," he let out a chuckle. "let me wrap it up for you," he said. you sat back down and he patched up your collarbone. you carefully put your shirt back on and put your bag in your lap.

"how much do i owe you?" you asked and grabbed your wallet.

"your phone number."

you looked up at jaehyun, who was smirking.

"excuse me?"

"your phone number," he repeated, "that'll be how you pay me today."

"is this your really bad way of asking me out?" you asked.

he shrugged his shoulders and finally let out another smile and laugh, "i guess so." you chuckled and reached for his sketch pad. you wrote your name and your phone number on it and handed the pad back to him.

then, you reached in and kissed his cheek, "text me when we're going on a date." you said and walked out of the room. as you passed by taeyong's room, "next time, warn me when they're cute." you spoke. taeyong stopped tattooing and shook his head. he looked at you with a smile and waved. you waved back and exited the parlor.