doyoung - neighbor

word count : 590

-

you started the morning off with a cup of tea while looking outside. the sky was full of dark clouds, but luckily, you could stay home for the whole day.

you finished your tea and left your apartment. you went to the first floor of your building and grabbed the mail from your box. you looked through and saw nothing important, however, you noticed that you received a few magazines that weren't yours.

you tried to fit the magazines into your neighbor's mail box but couldn't fit it in. you looked at the apartment number again and walked back to your apartment. you walked to the door that lead the your neighbor's apartment and knocked on the door.

no one answered the door, so you knocked on the door again. you waited for a bit and finally heard someone, "who is it?" your neighbor asked.

"hi, i'm your neighbor. i got some of your mail," you spoke.

you heard the locks unlock and the door opened. your neighbor stood in his doorway with a towel around his shoulders. his hair was dripping wet.

"here," you stopped staring at him and held out the magazines.

he took them, "thanks." he said and tossed them on a table that was next to him. "you're y/n, right?" he asked.

"mhm, i live in 428," you mentioned.

"i'm doyoung," he introduced himself with a smile and held his hand out.

"nice to meet you, doyoung," you smiled and shook his hand. both of you stared at each other. "i-i should go," you said to him and finally let go of his hand.

"huh? oh, right," doyoung held the back of his neck with his hand. "see you around, y/n."

"see you later," you said and walked to your apartment. you heard doyoung's door close and you opened the door to your apartment. you walked in and closed the door. then, you started reading one of the magazines you received at the kitchen island.

a few minutes of reading went by and someone knocked on your door. you closed the magazine and walked to your front door. you unlocked the door and opened it, only to see your neighbor again. this time, his hair was dry and he didn't have the towel around his neck.

"hey," doyoung spoke up first.

"hi," you responded.

doyoung handed your a piece of paper. you looked at it and saw a phone number, "it's in case any mail gets mixed up again. just text me and let me know," he said to you.

you smiled, "okay. thank you, doyoung," you said. "give me a second. i'll give you my number," you mentioned. you walked into the kitchen and grabbed a piece of paper off of your refrigerator. you grabbed a pen from a kitchen drawer and wrote your number down. then, you walked back to the door and handed the piece of paper to him, "here." you smiled.

"thanks," he smiled. "i'll see you around." he said.

"see ya," you closed the door while he walked away. you locked the door and went back to the kitchen. you closed a drawer and stood at the kitchen island. you grabbed your phone and added doyoung's number to your contact list.

once you finished typing, you received a text from doyoung.

-

9:04 am

doyoung

[ doyoung ]
movie night at 7? i'll
make you dinner too.

[ y/n ]
there better be popcorn.

[ doyoung ]
duh, of course there
will be popcorn.

see you later, neighbor 😉

[ y/n ]
see you tonight ☺️