hendery - royalty

word count : 650

-

you yawned while waiting on a tree branch. you had been waiting for over an hour for hendery to show up; someone you had met on accident and have been meeting up with for months now.

you crossed your legs and looked at the time on your phone while heavily yawning again.

"waiting for me?"

you looked down and saw hendery; no, prince hendery standing next to the tree.

"dude, i was this close to taking a nap," you said and climbed down the tree.

hendery sat down and leaned his back against the tree, "i'm so tired!" he whined.

"more sparring?" you asked.

"they kicked my butt today!" hendery continued whining. "sure, i dodged everything and did well, but i'm so tired. i think my brothers found out that i've been sneaking out of the castle and they took it out on me." he ended with a sigh.

you laughed, "and so you still came here anyways? could've sent me a text saying something. then, i wouldn't have walked all the way here from the other freaking side of town," you said and sat down next to him. you leaned your head on his shoulder, "you know that we can't keep this a secret forever, right?"

"yea, i know," he answered and grabbed your hand. "but it's kind of fun doing all this," he said while lacing his hand with yours.

"if they found out, your brothers would probably tell your parents, right?" you asked him.

"i don't know, but i think kun would be the first to spill if it were to happen," hendery answered. "but he wasn't there today, so i don't know if he's heard anything."

wind blew around as you two sat there. the area was feeling a bit gloomy since your relationship probably wouldn't last.

"maybe if i was royalty, then we wouldn't have this problem," you laughed. "who knew that we would be the ones to live through the cliche royalty-commoner life?"

hendery squeezed your hand, "you know, i could just break the rules, and we could get married," he said while bringing your hand up and kissing the back of it.

you turned your head and looked up at him, "hendery..."

"it's a pretty good idea," he grinned and kissed your hand again. "we could get married and leave the town. have our own little home in another city or another town and live there for the rest of our lives."

"and what are you going to do about your family? you're one of the princes for crisis sake!" you exclaimed.

he shrugged his shoulders, "i'm not even in line to become king. kun has first dibs on everything and i'll probably stay as a prince for the rest of my life. it wouldn't matter." he looked forward, "marrying you and spending the rest of my life with you would be a dream come true."

you heart stung. you knew that both of you loved each other, but the thought of hendery no longer being a prince hurt you.

you sat in silence for a few minutes, contemplating.

"y/n, let's get married."

you looked at him again and smiled, "you have weird ideas."

"so is that a "yes" or a "hell no"?" he asked.

you laughed, "yes." he reached in and kissed you. then, he stood up and pulled you up. "you know, i was wanting to be purposed at a park or something."

"i could make it happen," he said to you as you two walked through the field.

"nah, let's just go find a priest," you said and he laughed.

he stopped walking and pulled you into a hug, "i love you."

"i love you more."

"i'm pretty sure i love you more than you love me."

"oh, don't you dare fight me on this, hendery."

hendery reached in and kissed you, "we'll see about that, my princess."