tae il - rainy day

word count : 494

-

"hey y/n! we should play hide-n-seek!" tae il yelled from downstairs.

"we're not little kids, tae il," you responded and hung up a new picture frame with a photo of nct 2020 on the wall near the top of the staircase. you didn't hear tae il walk around downstairs. "babe?" you called out in concern. "babe, i'm not playing hide-n-seek, but can you get the mail for me?" you walked downstairs and looked for tae il. "okay, look, i literally just said i'm not playing hide-n-seek so stop hiding and come out, please."

you looked around the house and sighed.

"tae il, you're not four-years-old. you're literally the oldest in nct. come out please," you said and walked into the living room. you pulled the curtains back to reveal the rainy outside and not your boyfriend.

you continued looking through the entire house for him. did you find him? no. but you knew he didn't leave because his car was still here and his shoes weren't missing from the front door.

as you walked into the kitchen for a second time, you looked outside and saw the rain still pouring outside. you closed the window that was by the sink. "tae il? can you check the mail box later, please?" you asked again, hoping for a response. tae il didn't respond so you went back upstairs and continued looking for him.

as you went through each room, you tidied up each room just in case guests came over. after about half an hour, you went to the bedroom and saw clothes on the bed.

"tae il, how many times do i have to tell you? put your shirts and hoodies—AH!" you were suddenly attacked with a bear hug and landed on the bed, "TAE IL!" you heard his familiar laughing behind you. "what the hell, babe?!"

tae il continued laughing, "you're too cute," he said and planted kisses on your head.

"where have you been?" you asked and managed to flip over with tae il still hugging you.

"following you, dummy," tae il answered and kissed you cheek.

"sneaky," you replied. "did you check the mail?" you asked.

"no, but i will later though," he replied. "what do you want to do?"

you shrugged your shoulders, "i basically finished all of the chores besides the rest of the laundry. do you need to do anything?" you asked and both of you sat up.

tae il pondered for a few seconds, "do you want to make a cake?"

"a cake? i don't think we have any cake mix," you replied.

"we can make one from scratch!" he exclaimed.

"okay, okay," you laughed. "let's go downstairs."

"wait, i have to help?" he asked and you immediately glared at him.

"you're the one who wants it! of course you're going to help make it!" you yelled at him. "come on, pretty boy," you said and grabbed him.