Ch-14

Anyone seeing a huge dog like that barking madly while headed your direction would subconsciously want to escape, and Guo Qiuchen was no exception, choosing to run. Not only that—Gao Yulan had shouted loudly so he didn’t realize that the dog wasn’t chasing him. He followed Gao Yulan and ran down the street.

The two of them panted for breath after stealing the food, their sorry figures scaring the waiter. Yin Ze hurriedly came downstairs, and saw Gao Yulan and the dog with another man. Seeing the man, he felt a little angry. After hearing the two say that Mantou had stolen food from a dog and it had chased them, Yin Ze didn’t know what to say.

He looked at the two people and the dog for a moment before he pointed at Mantou and finally said, “I’m busy right now.”

Although he pointed at Mantou, Gao Yulan felt like she was part of it and didn’t dare to leave. Guo Qiuchen, not knowing what was happening, also didn’t dare to leave. He watched Yin Ze walk up the stairs and asked, “Is that your boyfriend?”

Gao Yulan shook her head: “No, I’m friends with his sister,” she said quietly, afraid that Yin Ze would hear from the second floor. This guy was so petty, not allowing others to say they didn’t know him. She really had to keep her guard up.

Guo Qiuchen stopped a waiter to get some water and then asked, “Whose dog?” He looked at Mantou curled up adorably in Gao Yulan’s arms.

“It’s his dog.” Gao Yulan went upstairs, thinking for a second before saying, “I’m just helping out, nothing else.”

Guo Qiuchen nodded his head, not knowing what to say. The two of them sat and Guo Qiuchen felt like he should leave. Then the waiter brought some light refreshments and told them the boss was greeting some people and they needed to wait.

[TL: The raws say that Gao Yulan walked upstairs and they both sat down, but later it says she sat on a sofa, so I’m guessing the author messed up and thought she was still on the first floor later on.]

Guo Qiuchen felt a little embarrassed, he hadn’t even said goodbye to the other person and wanted to leave already, it seemed a little rude. He followed Gao Yulan and didn’t say anything, nor did he stand up. He finally couldn’t stand it and said he was going to move his car and bring Papa Gao’s stuff to her.

Gao Yulan agreed. She couldn’t relax with this guy after the failed blind date and was overcautious of him. She then took a book and sat with Mantou.

After a moment, Yin Ze and a middle-aged man came down the stairs. The two men chatted and laughed in the doorway. The man thanked Yin Ze before leaving.