Ch-64

In fact, on this day, all the old classmates who were invited by Qi Na to ‘witness’ Gao Yu Lan’s current unfortunate life were the same old classmates who ‘witnessed’ Gao Yu Lan being accused of ‘two-timing’ and ‘exposed’ that year.  Everyone still had the impression of Gao Yu Lan’s actions at that time and they also witnessed Zheng Tao’s grief and his fury after being betrayed.
“Flies will not stick to eggs without cracks.”……were the same words that Qi Na said to Gao Yu Lan at that time.  If a girl behaves decently, how can a man seduce her and make her cheat?
So when everyone heard those words, they understood the meaning.
Judging from the current situation, Gao Yu Lan must have told her boyfriend about that matter therefore, all the while her boyfriend was talking and supporting her.  Of course, the version Gao Yu Lan told him must have been she was framed by Qi Na and Zheng Tao.  Finally, in the end, Gao Yu Lan left her hometown and went far away alone while Qi Na and Zheng Tao married and lived a happy blissful life.  From a certain point of view, it did appear as if Gao Yu Lan was the wronged party but according to facts that were laid out before them at that time, it could also be seen that she was an inconstant woman, a woman who reaped what she had sown.
This matter had happened three years ago and in the past three years, all kinds of rumors had floated around.  However, who was right or wrong, the onlookers would not pursue nor care too much and it became gossip shared after a meal.  Everyone’s feelings of indignation for injustice when they first witnessed this matter had long dissipated.  Anyway, this matter did not concern them and three years was long enough for them to put this matter away.
So now, when Qi Na once again said ‘Flies will not stick to eggs without cracks’ to mock Gao Yu Lan, everyone felt awkward and did not speak.  Only Yin Ze replied loudly.  “You are absolutely correct, Classmate Qi!   As men, we must strive to be good eggs and not bad eggs.  We absolutely can’t let those evil women take advantage.  To be a good egg, one must get a fly swatter ready and swat all the flies to death, otherwise, after marrying her you will regret for the rest of your life.”  He said those words with delight and with extreme enthusiasm to show he is a good egg and Yang Yang could not help but burst into laughter.
(Bad egg or rotten egg in Chinese means a bastard, scoundrel or hoodlum.)
Instantly, Qi Na’s expression changed and was about to explode when Zheng Tao pulled her and said in a voice neither loud nor soft.  “Why should you lower yourself to their level?”

Yin Ze pretended not to hear and lifted his glass to toast.  “Come, come, those of you who feel you can be a good egg, male compatriots, let’s drink a toast!  Our slogan is ‘Let those flies perish!‘”

Several male compatriots started to laugh.  Every one of them had either brought their girlfriends or wives along and if they do not drink to this toast, it meant that the person was misbehaving.  Quickly they proclaimed themselves to the ranks of good eggs and everyone raised their glasses.
Qi Na pursed her mouth and coldly looked at them.  She did not speak and only picked up some food.  Yin Ze also took a half-time break and enjoyed himself with eating and drinking with everyone.  At their table, someone asked about cooking methods and Yin Ze generously told them.  Everyone joined the lively discussion and the atmosphere gradually warmed up.  On the other hand, at Qi Na’s table, no one said anything which made that table seemed cheerless and cold.

While they were eating, the waiter knocked on the door and brought in someone.  Everyone turned to look and saw a tall, elegant young man with a good appearance and good temperament.  Chen Ruo Yu let out a sound ‘Pu‘ and nearly spurted out the drinks in her mouth.
Yang Yang quickly handed her a paper towel and patted her back.  Gao Yu Lan looked at that person and was surprised.  “Why are you here?”  Unexpectedly, it was Dr. Meng Gu.
“Isn’t it correct that one can also bring family members?”  Meng Gu had a calm expression and quickly looked at the situation in the room.
Everyone started to whisper.  Is this person also a family member of Gao Yu Lan?  How many boyfriends does she have?  Will Yin Ze lose his temper?
Qi Na seized the opportunity and feeling happy again, she asked.  “Whose family member are you?”
Gao Yu Lan used her elbow to nudge Chen Ruo Yu and Chen Ruo Yu glared at her.  “What has it to do with me?”  Gao Yu Lan threw Meng Gu an apologetic look while Yin Ze chuckled and continued to watch the show without speaking.