Ch-41

Yin Ze stared at Gao Yu Lan and smiled.  “It’s alright as long as you admit that you love me.”
She blushed and poked him.  “Big rogue.”
“After seeing your roguish behavior, I feel my capabilities are actually very limited.”
“Nonsense.”  Gao Yu Lan accidentally hit him too hard on his face leaving behind a red handprint and she hurriedly used her hand to rub his face.  After thinking for a while, she asked.  “That time when I hit you, was it painful?”
“Of course it was painful, if not how could you leave such a deep impression on me.”
“So you’re still considered very weird.  If it was me who met this kind of drunkard who hits people, I’m sure I would have left.  Who would have remembered him?”  Although the drunkard was herself, Gao Yu Lan still said honestly.
“It wasn’t like that, Lan Lan.  That time, I thought I was going to collapse under pressure.  In fact, I knew that opening a restaurant and a book bar at the same time was too rash of me.  I knew my financial status was not solid enough to simultaneously support three business investments.  But that time my brain was burning and I was determined to open the best shop in the best location.  It was just to let that devious woman, who bullied my sister and me, know that my mother’s children are not so easily struck down.”
Gao Yu Lan knew he was referring to Yin Shu’s mother and thought of the suffering he had gone through.  She could not help but feel heartache for him.

Yin Ze continued to say. “And my sister, she was finally able to lead a normal life after much difficulty.  I couldn’t prevent it when she was hurt and I was determined to give her a better life to make that scum see that she was leading a very good life.  So, Lan Lan, you can see people are so greedy.  At that time while I was walking, I was thinking about ways to improve my shop’s business.  I was thinking about why I should persist in holding on to the two shops and the reason I couldn’t afford to lose.  If the shop closed down, my sister would definitely be worried.  Would she fall back into depression?  Would she blame herself for dragging me down as well or were all these the reasons that I gave myself for refusing to admit defeat?”

Gao Yu Lan understood.  At that time, she told her parents A-city has many big companies, has a good economy, a lot of work opportunities, and high salaries.  If she works there for a few years, it would be better than struggling in C-city for ten years.  In her heart, this was what she told herself and with all the good conditions laid out, A-city seemed so much better than C-city.
However, when she was alone in A-city, on her way alone to and from work and during the holidays, she quietly watched TV and surfed the internet by herself, she had also thought over this.  All the good things she had said about A-city, did she look for those reasons to give herself the means to escape?

“The two of us were treading the same path, Lan Lan.  Although you were so drunk that you couldn’t speak clearly and when you shouted you wanted to leave, that was what I also had in my mind.  I also wanted to leave and go to a place where nobody knows me.  I was tired, I had held on for several years and during the most bitter and most desperate times, I was still enthusiastic and energetic.  But that day, I suddenly felt very tired……I wanted to escape too.”
“But I felt that no matter where I go, I wouldn’t be able to escape.”
Yin Ze kneaded her hand.  “Yes, my heart still cared and no matter where I go, there was no escape.  But you made a sad situation into such a funny matter.  I, who was obviously in a bad mood was so affected by you that even my temper dissipated.  So the impression was very deep.  Even after a few years, occasionally I would think about the girl who waved a can of beer and fought for the bench.   While she scolded others, at the same time, she said she was so miserable……I always wondered how she is doing now.”
“How good can she be?  That girl is still so miserable and after getting drunk, she still goes around grabbing men.”  Gao Yu Lan said with self-depreciation.  Fate is indeed wonderful.  The first time she met him, she was drunk.  The second time she met him, she was also drunk.  It was also so embarrassing on both occasions.
Yin Ze laughed loudly.  “It seems anything sad that concerns you will turn out to be funny.”
“How is it funny?”