Ch-39

Not the first time they met?
Gao Yu Lan was surprised.  “But I don’t remember meeting you before.”
Yin Ze gave her an irritated glance and then put on a sad expression.  “So when I realized you were so heartless not to recognize me, my heart shattered into pieces on the floor.”
“Unable to visualize.”  Gao Yu Lan poked his face…….acting again…….and also his heart shattered..…..
“Oh, you poked my face.  That proves you love me very much.”  Yin Ze used his face to rub against her hand.  “You poked my face to make me look ugly so that other people won’t like me then you can achieve your purpose of solely monopolizing me, is that it?”
“Are you going to tell me when was our first meeting?”  Gao Yu Lan poked his face again.
This man loves acting too much!
Yin Ze laughed loudly and caught her hand.  “Do you remember, three years ago, ah……it should be more than three years.  I think it should be in April, in C-city’s Qing Song Park.”

She quietened down…….April……of course, she remembered.  It was the time she was slapped and was called a slut.  She was framed by college classmates, she was slandered by her bosom girlfriend and she was dumped by her boyfriend whom she had loved for seven years.

Of course, she remembers!
But Qing Song Park…….

“You were drunk.”  Yin Ze reminded her.
She let out a sound ‘Ah!’……yes, she was very sad at that time.  Her friends had alienated her and she did not even have anyone whom she could pour out her sorrow.  One day she felt particularly sad and bought some beer.  After she had drunk, she was afraid to go home and wanted to look for a place to cry.  But did she go to Qing Song Park?  She did not seem to be able to remember.
Yin Ze looked askance at her.  “Look, you have amnesia after getting drunk, right?”
“No, not right.”  She blushed.  She had only gotten drunk twice in her life, so how can he determine she will lose her memory once she is drunk?
“Then tell me, after you had snatched Mantou at that time if I didn’t come to your house the next day, can you remember what happened the night before?”
She could not remember and she even thought she had snatched a man.

“Humph, look at you!  In the future, you’re not allowed to drink except when you’re with me.  You’re a target that is very easy to abduct  and I’ve to keep a tighter watch on you.”
“You talk a lot of nonsense.  Are you going to continue?”

“It was because you were drunk and at Qing Song Park you did this and that…….and then did that and this.  After the incident, you waved your sleeves at me and left me alone in sadness.  Then three years later, you appeared again and disrupted my pond of spring water.”
Gao Yu Lan listened with her mouth agape.  She wanted to say…….that can’t be, right?  Could it be she had wanted to act roguish but did not actually do it?  That year when she was still young and fresh, she had tried to do something to him?  She was so heartbroken that she fled after committing the crime and because debt has to be paid, God arranged for them to meet again three years later.  So now she had fallen into the hands of others?
This cannot be blamed on her rich imagination.  All these had indeed happened to her and a lot of exaggerated things had also happened to her.  Um…….did she really do something like this and that?……..and like that and this?……..
A few thoughts instantly flashed across her mind and when she saw Yin Ze’s smile, she immediately remembered that this guy had always spoken with exaggeration and half-truths.

“Liar.”
“Every word is the truth.”
“So, what is – – ‘this and that……and that and this’?  You must be more specific.”

“Do you really want to know?”
“Yes.”
“It’s very embarrassing.”  Yin Ze covered his face.

“Start talking!”  Gao Yu Lan felt she had become more and more imposing.
Yin Ze put down his hands and his head that was resting on her lap snuggled to find a comfortable position.  When his eyes met hers, he smiled and held her hand to play with her fingers.  Then slowly he started to say.  “That time, my restaurant business was not good and the farm business just started to pick up.  I had to take care of the restaurant and my sister’s shop……there was not enough money and I was under a lot of pressure.”
She nodded…….she understood.
Yin Ze continued.  “That time I was in an awkward position.  If I were to close down the restaurant and my sister’s shop, my burden would be very much less.  But that time, my sister’s condition had just turned a little better and Niu Niu was not even two years old.  It was the time that Niu Niu just started to be clingy and cute.  My sister could take care of her child every day and at the same time make herself busy in the shop.  My sister had just found her mental and emotional support in life.  Don’t be deceived by her current appearance.  Those years I was really worried.  I had already lost my parents and I couldn’t afford to lose her as well.”
Yin Ze pinched her hand and held her hand over his heart.  Every time he talks about the past, Gao Yu Lan felt particularly soft-hearted.  Yin Ze carried on.  “So that time when I saw she was happy and full of life, I was very hesitant.  I don’t want to close down the shop, whether it’s the restaurant or the book bar and if I really did close them, she would be worried.  Once I give up and slacken and admit defeat, I think I will never have the courage to start another shop again.  I didn’t want to admit defeat.”
Gao Yu Lan could only see the current business success of Food Restaurant but did not expect that the restaurant had once faced the reality of failure in the past.