Ch-16

“Lan Lan, look, I’m here with all my sincerity. I looked over everything again. I didn’t treat you with much respect before, and so you treated me with your own idea of me. I came to apologize so that we can get along in the future. I just hope you can change your image of me.”

Yin Ze seemed like he really was serious. Gao Yulan, on the other hand, felt awkward. “I don’t have an opinion about you, well….”

Yin Ze blinked and waited for her to speak and Gao Yulan thought of another sentence. “It’s just that our characters are incompatible with each other.”

Yin Ze’s smiling expression locked up but he recovered quickly. “Characters are incompatible, you’re just thinking too much. I think we complement each other.”

Gao Yulan waved her hand goodbye. “Whether we compliment each other or not doesn’t matter. We don’t have any path in life or work that cross. We don’t need to be colleagues, nor do we live under the same roof. You don’t even need to apologize, that’s just weird.”

Yin Ze’s face stiffened up again. Then he sighed and continued smiling, “Look at what you just said. Where don’t we have a path? We’re all friends, and we can understand each other more in the future. I may have quite a lot of shortcomings but I also have some strong points. Now look, my sister and Niu Niu quite like you, don’t tell me you aren’t going to visit anymore? Mantou is also quite fond of you and thinks of you as a half-owner. If you ignore him, he would definitely be sad.”

Gao Yulan thought again to Mr. Yin Ze wearing a suit and standing with an Oscar in his hands. The more he cares, the more he is acting. She pursed her lips and asked, “Mr. Yin, are you really here to apologize?”

“Yes.”

“Then I accept your apology, good night.”

Gao Yulan finished speaking and was going to close the door, but Yin Ze already foresaw this happening and acted like a goalkeeper, stopping it from closing. “I’m a good person without fail, isn’t it so? I’m being so sincere, you probably think I’m playing a joke on you.”

“Mr. Yin, your sincerity really is subtle.”

Yin Ze scrunched up his eyebrows and sighed, “How subtle, is it enough for you to discern it? Tell me, how much do you think this is true?”

“Say something truthful for me to hear.”

“This sentence is true, ‘precious’ pearls are not ‘real’,” Yin Ze said.