72

The silence of the countryside is deafening.

There are more stars residing in the sky. The eerie quiet of nature filters when evening comes. Complete isolation is the definition of the Freewill Manor.

Weeks have passed since the night Pandora came back from the train station.

I remember the headlights of the vehicle shining through the curtains. The fresh roll of wheels atop the path. And the loud slam of the door when she exited. The days followed and we resumed our daily activities.

She would resort to her respected chair in the backyard. Pride grimoire on the table and wand in hand. Sometimes she would stare off into the wide greenery. Her gaze settling on the mountains far back. I could never figure what thoughts she had.

My tasks were the same everyday. Building my power back to what it was before the tear in the Pride spell. I still haven't caught notice of any metamorphmagus remaining. Still up to question if it was a good thing or not.

Times get lonelier though.

As the nights get cooler, my hands trace a nonexistent presence in my sheets. Echos of laughter from the dearest fade in my mind. Tugs on my heart begin to take a toll on me physically. Just simply tying me back to the bed, sulking in the duvet.

I watched as the leaves start to flutter to the ground, stems hardening and smooth edges cracking. Reds envelop the trees and the branches shrink.

Then I watched the leaves sink in the snow.

Two seasons have already came before I knew it.

When I peered at the moon through my window, the frost grew over the glass. And when sleepless nights came, I stared as the moon lowered and the sun rose. A gentle glow over the white wonderland that formed when the dark universe was twinkling; only hours before.

England's finest creations: Winter fantasies.

Not a day went by when my mind wavered from the very reason of my existence. Sirius Black.

I wonder how he's doing. Perhaps waiting for another thunderstorm or ignoring the lightning and grinning with the Marauders. The last word I've gotten from him was the sobs that wracked Xenophilius.

The platinum haired boy wrote back to us, a letter in the beak of his snowy owl. Pandora broke the seal and read it aloud from across the dining table. Just a couple days before, she wrote the explanation of my 'death' to him. We both had an idea of what reaction he might have.

"'The boy cried. He quite honestly soaked my shirt and I've got to get it washed. I think he fell for it,'" she recited.

"Well, if he cried then he must have. How sensitive, he is! I can't say anything though, I would've done the same!" I replied.

Pandora hinted at the truth near the end of her letter addressed to Sirius. The idiot never finished reading it. I don't know if it was for the better. Then again, Dora's a Ravenclaw, her code must've been too elaborate.

So winter continued on. Today is the day Pandora has gone back to the train station. She offered me to join, considering there would be fewer people there. I declined. As much as I would be oh so excited to see X, I would rather much stay home.

Lately, I've delved into the arts of adult magic! Since my presence is erased from all Ministry and the world of magic, I can perform as much as I want. No laws bind me to the illegal use.

I've been putting my apparition into practice. Due to the stabbing months back, I still get a bit nauseous so that one is a work in progress. Pandora's of age so she's been giving tips. Frankly, she doesn't give enough.

I pulled the cuffs of my sweater into my fists. Chills went up my spine and my teeth chattered. I should put a fire on.

Plopping to the ground, I dragged my fluffy socks along the wood. The living room came into view and I shivered myself in that direction. The baby blue sky had darkened to a shaded periwinkle. They might be home soon.

With both covered hands, I grasped my wand that I left at the coffee table earlier. I pointed it to the fireplace, the tip of the wand ready.

"Incendio," I cast.

The charm shot out and flames erupted on the wood. Cinders flickered to the ground and the smoke rose up the chimney. I smiled smugly, throwing a cheeky expression on.

"Who's your daddy?" I flirt with the fireplace.

Bringing my wand back to the coffee table, I squeaked, "You are, Fawkes!"

"That's right, baby doll," I gruffly responded.

"Ho ho ho," I chuckled deeply.

What am I doing with my life..

A revving of the engine boomed quietly at first. The sound of gravel crushing under the tires resonated. They're back.

My brows rose and I sped to the front door. Nostalgia bursts and a memory of seeing the two leave came back. My sleeve fell atop the doorknob and I twisted it.

A flurry of snowflakes attacked me. Blast of chilly air hit my face and my nose got cold. From the end of the long driveway, the car came to a parking. Scanning the quieting car, the lights vanished and the roll of wheels ceased.

A moment passed and then the doors clicked open. Pandora came out first, immediately rushing towards the house. Her hands were full of steaming containers full of food. Must've stopped by the Lovegood's before coming here. And there he is, my favorite white boy of the month..

"Xenophilius!" I called.

He stepped out with an indifferent look slapped on his face. His hair is longer, shoulders broader, cheeks smaller. Aw he's all grown up! The student buried his face in his blue striped scarf and followed his girlfriend up the walkway.

The latter moved passed me and shuffled to the kitchen. All I saw was a sharp gleam in her eyes and a little drool from the corner of her mouth. My girl goes weak in the knees for the Lovegood family recipes. I just know she retrieved a plate and tore the lid off already.

"Long time no see, Gryffindor," he greeted.

He pocketed his hands and approached the doorway. I stepped out of the way and closed the door behind me. With a grin, I bowed down with my head ducked.

"Good evening, Ravenclaw. Welcome home," I responded.

I lifted my head again and snickered. His eyes flickered from my face and to the top of my head. Just as nonchalantly, he turned around. I trailed after him.

"Did you dye your hair?" he questioned.

My heart stopped.

"What?" I choked out.

He looked over his shoulder with half lids and returned the gaze on my hair. He checked it once more to confirm what he was seeing, nodding to himself.

"Yeah. It's blue. Bold choice, I think."

-lana