15

Over the past few days, The Freewill family has treated me well. I met Pandora's father and he was such a sweet man. I slept in a separate guest room next to Pandora. I was wary though. We still haven't discussed what we were going to do about visiting her great grandmother.

She and I have spent a lot of our days just sitting outside. She relaxed in a comfortable chair in the shade as I laid on the grass under the sun. We didn't speak much either. I grew accustomed to the persona of 'Diana' and enjoyed the heated days.

But the lingering thought of my spell caster stayed to remind me that I'm not here to converse and rest.

This particular afternoon, her mother set a plate of peaches on the table. My stomach laid flat on the ground as I flipped through a book. The sun rays fluttered across the pages.

Pandora poked a fork in a slice, watching her mum enter their cosy home through the backyard door. The cicadas in the distance filled the air as the trees blew silently.

"Cry.. Come here," Pandora said.

The first time she referred to me with my name.. I lowered the back cover and settled to my knees. I turned to look at her, squinting my eyes to the sun. She waited patiently.

Grunting, I propped myself to my feet and dusted the blades of grass off of my clothes. Taking the book with me, I shuffled upon the lawn to stand under the shade with her.

I eyed her mother in the netting of the door. She watched us from the other side, probably wondering why we finally spoke. It's only been a few days though.. She's not too suspicious.

"She's watching," I muttered.

"I know. Pretend you don't notice," she responded lowly.

I took a seat in the adjacent rocking chair, lowering the novel into my lap. Pandora locked eyes with me, signaling this is the moment we begin planning.

"Tomorrow, we're going to a park near the Ministry," she declared calmly.

She's speaking in double meaning. Her mother still watched, her eyes flickering between us. Slowly, I rocked the chair in a steady pace.

"Okay.. What time do you want to go?" I questioned.

"Early in the morning. The breakfast there is good and it reminds me of Hogwarts. We'll be back late because they are holding a festival there," she replied.

"Sounds good. How should we dress? It being a festival and all," I asked.

"Nicely. But not zealously," she told.

This means we'll leave early in the morning to take the first train to St. Mungo's. The trip will take some to travel to and back and we should dress alright to not arise suspicion from her mother but not too much so the workers at the hospital are confused.

Her mum turned back around, taking the tray with her.

-

"Are your parents up?" I whispered.

Pandora placed a finger over her lips, shaking her head. She quietly closed her door behind her. The fringe on her jacket rustled as she gestured for me to follow.

She weaved through her home, leading me to the way to her front door. I tucked the remaining bit of my shirt into my skirt, the sound of my bag straps quiet on the fabric.

"Won't you be hot?" I asked, looking at her clothes.

"Mm no.. I'll be okay," she said.

She locked the door as she closed it all the way. She tried the door knob to check it was locked all the way. She paused, trying it one more time. Once she was satisfied that the door was locked, she walked over to the car her mum drove us in.