11

"Come on, you already messed with my feelings. What else are you going to do?" I said.

I rolled my eyes, feigning an unbothered aura to cover the fact that I really was upset. His name is Dylan and I've been seeing him on the down-low. He promised me that he would marry me someday... he spoke sweetly and held me gently. I guess it was a lie... He only wanted to take me to his bed. Then from there, he would dump me.

To be honest, I've never been with anyone like that. I never came close enough to enjoy a relationship like that. I think I never really had the commitment to keep someone like that. Or maybe I had my eye on someone else...

"You're such a slut. Why couldn't you spare one more person? Not like it would've hurt you to take another guy," he said, his lip curling with absolute smug.

I furrowed my brows lightly. I don't know when the rumors of me being with a ton of guys came from. Maybe it's because I hang with the Marauders? But you'd think they would assume they didn't even spare me a glance when they already pursued other girls.

Students watched curiously on the sidelines. They walked past us, whispering attempts at figuring out what happened. I bet they're going to make another rumor that I've been with Dylan. Not like it wouldn't ruin me more than the other rumors already have...

The clouds shrouded the sunlight and the air turned moist. A thunder resonated and the brewing of a storm began. I glanced at the sky, waiting for the rain to come down.

Maybe he'll come out when he sees lightning strike through his window.

He usually does. He calls me from the bottom of our staircase and offers to sit outside and watch the rainfall on the grass. Other times, we sneak out of class quietly and find an abandoned corridor. Our backs against the wall and staring out the opening on the other side of the corridor. The bricks forming a lovely frame to show the droplets drip to the ground.

"I don't think I would feel it anyways... maybe come back to me in a few years and we can discuss it," I suggested half-heartedly.

I feel discouraged. After the way he tricked me, I just wasn't in the mood to make any jackass comments. I think I'll sit out here for a while. Maybe he'll find me when he comes outside. We can talk under the dark sky and discuss our dreams over the sound of the rain.

A droplet fell on my head. I looked up again, putting my hand out in the air. A couple more droplets covered my fingertips. The water was cool on my skin and I hoped for a full storm.

Dylan let out a sound of annoyance. He said, "You wouldn't know unless you gave your body up like the good whore you are."

"Mhm... definitely," I agreed absentmindedly.

The sprinkle of water grew slowly. He rolled his eyes, deciding to leave the conversation. He pushed past me. The earlier memories of Dylan sliding his hand down my arm, tucking me under him, kissing my temple.. all disappeared with that one act. I stumbled, ignoring the push.

I heard him run into someone behind me, murmuring, "Maybe she'll sleep with you. Good luck."

Sighing, I ran my hands down my sides to absorb the water. The sloshing of footsteps stopped by mine. I looked off into the distance, seeing blowing trees on the horizon. The students ran for cover under the building, their robes held high over their heads in attempt to stay dry.

"What happened with him?"

My eyes widened, turning to the side. Sirius watched me make eye contact with him. I smiled, satisfied that he really did come outside. "Padfoot!" I exclaim.

"What happened?" he repeated.

I swat my arm in the air as a dismissive gesture. "Ah.. it's okay. I just dropped him because I got uninterested," I lied easily.

He rose an eyebrow, not believing me. He knows me too well. He decided to drop it, obviously upset about it but thinking that I didn't want to talk about it. It's not like I didn't want to talk about it, it's just whatever to me.

The rain fell harder, my hair beginning to get soaked. My clothes stuck to my body. I didn't mind it. Sirius put his hand to my elbow, catching my attention again. I looked up at him, wondering why he needed me.

"Do you want to watch the rain under the roof?" he suggested.

I held back an endearing smile from his offer, so typical. I shook my head. "I want to stay out here, if you don't mind," I said.

"I don't mind."

My gaze was captured by his again. His eyes flickered from my eyes and to my hair. He pointed close to my temple. The rain soaked my hair so much that it fell into my face. I looked at it, noticing the color shifting to a vibrant red.

The red revealed my inner feelings and I hope Sirius didn't catch on the way my power correlates with my emotions. I closed my eyes momentarily, shaking my head.

"All of my hair is red, isn't it?" I said, already done with my metamorphmagus.

"Heh... yeah. Your eyes are grey though," he added.

I nodded, looking back to his. His eyes are grey too. They stared at me. A whole ocean flooded his gaze. The color swirled in the foam of the beach waves, darkening in the case of a storm thundering. Lightning flickering his eyes and hitting the water.. Absolutely breathtaking.

"They look really familiar now," he said, wondering a bit.

"I know."

"They're pretty too," he responded, looking back and forth between my eyes.

"I know," I repeated.

He didn't reply, maintaining our eye contact. His hand came up to my hair, brushing it out of my face. His hands were freezing and I shivered when it grazed my cheek. I fluttered my eyes, the droplets on my lashes.

A thunderclap roared.

I jumped, startled at how close the lightning was. He cleared his throat, lowering his hand. Holding myself, I stepped back a little. My body vibrated as the rain began to get to my temperature.

Another lightning strike.

I squeak in surprise. Padfoot jolted and he backed towards the castle. "We should get inside," he said.

"Agreed."

-Lana