35

Biting my lip, I looked left and right across the table. Surroundings seem neutral, no suspicion whatsoever.

Quickly, I shot out of my seat.

I stumbled barely but I turned my body down the hall. I made a run for it and ran along the Gryffindor dining table.

I saw it earlier.

And we can finally have it.

"Fawkes?!" Sirius exclaimed in confusion.

I kept running and when I got close to it, I scrambled between some Gryffindors. My hip bumped into a fourth year and she was squished into her friend.

My fingers curled around the whipped cream can.

My heart fluttered and my breath picked up. I brought the can close to me and I could already breathe in the scent. My mouth watered and I'm sure if I opened it, drool would've dribbled down my chin.

"Oi! She's got the whipped cream!" Arthur cried out.

My eyes whipped to the boy all the way down the table near my friends. He was standing and pointing at me. I could already see Lily getting out of her seat with the idea of having whipped cream glittering in her eyes.

"Wot? She's got the whipped cream?! Finally?!" Remus shout.

"Really?!" Wormtail asked in baffle.

"Don't let her have the whipped cream!" the fourth year girl that I ran into shrieked.

I jumped away from her nasty fourteen year old grabby hands and tripped over my feet. I stumbled again in between the Gryffindor and Hufflepuff tables.

This all started when it was the November of fifth year.

After all my years at Hogwarts, up until fifth year we got it.

We got whipped cream.

Hundreds of students were begging the teachers to have the elves in the kitchen give us whipped cream. And they did in November.

My grade has yet to put hands on the whipped cream ever since.

Students have gone wild at the can. Only four was set out on each table and kids turned to mere monsters. They have set back to their primitive ways. They were savagery at its finest and they abandoned all etiquette, all manner.

But now we have it.

We have the whipped cream.

I'm the ultimate successor.

"Cry has it? We'll never get it back again if we don't get it now!" a third year boy screamed.

I would've laughed but this is a life or death situation.

Students rose from their seats. They're going to trample me.

I set my feet into the ground and I ran again. I have no idea why but I ran in the direction of the Hufflepuff table. I squeezed my way past and put some distance between me and the younger Gryffindors.

I almost forgot.

Oh my god.

The seventh years.

My eyes widened and I slowly turned my head at the trampling seventeen year olds. My grip on the can tightened and my fright travelled along the back of my neck.

They had their wands out.

They're going to kill me.

I cowered behind Amos Diggory. He choked on his fork when I clawed a hand into his shoulder.

He coughed and spluttered into his hand. While he was recovering, he used his other hand to swat mine. However, all attempts were futile. He is my shield. He can't leave. No.

"Fawkes! We'll hold them back! Run!" Prongs yelled.

"No! I'll use Amos as my cover!" I shout.

"What?!" Amos exclaimed.

"Leave us alone.. we're just- we're just trying to survive on our own," his girlfriend begged.

"I'll use you as my cover too! Thanks!" I added.

I wrapped my arm around the both of them. Their faces squished together and I trembled behind them. They're so sweet to think of me. The concern really means a lot. I'm glad they're here to protect me.

From the corner of my eye, Padfoot tackled a seventh year on their table. Food got in the way and dirtied their robes. He's the best. I don't know what I'd do without him. Always taking down those that want to kill me.

An idea popped into my head and I released my shields.

I stepped backward, almost close to the Ravenclaw table. I uncapped the whipped cream can and held it high to grab their attention.

"Don't maKE A MOVE!" I screeched.

They froze, fear in their eyes. They're scared of what I'll do. The thousands of horrifying scenarios ran through their mind already. They know what I'm capable of.

They know the most terrible thing I'll do but the scariest thing about that though..

Is that I have the ability to do 10x worse than their worst.

I became fearless when I came to the realization that I have the power. I have the power to command these people with this whipped cream can in my hand. They should be afraid.

I chuckled and I stared down all of the terrified students. I strike them with fear. They are shaking and on the edge of their seat because of my capabilities.

I brought the whipped cream down to my mouth. Their eyes widened and they had no time to get to me.

I pressed on the knob and whipped cream fell into my mouth.

Then I licked it.

Students screamed in defeat. They fell to their knees in absolute loss. I won. They'll never be able to get this whipped cream back. This one is mine and it will be until I graduate.

I roared with laughter, in total supremacy. My chest rose and fell at the weight of the humor and triumph. Whipped cream fell down my chin as I grinned in the wholesomeness of my own victory.

I'm the winner.

I'll go down in Hogwarts history as the ruler. The professors will marvel and teach in awe everytime they speak of me. They'll educate the young kids of my win and I will be a legend.

"Cry! Take that whipped cream out of your mouth this instant!"

"Shut up, Padfoot!"

-lana