2

The carriage pulled up. I wrapped my fingers around Lily's wrist and tugged her in the direction the Marauders were going.

"Why are we sitting next to them?" she asked.

"Why not?" I asked.

The creatures pulling the carriage appeared. I glanced at them. Once again, I noticed the others didn't spare one look in their direction, and I frowned lightly.

I shook my head to get rid of my daze. This isn't the day to worry about my parents. This is the day fifth year begins. Gently, she prodded me into the carriage. She sat down as I tumbled in after her.

The carriage started up with a jolt. I pressed my feet firmly into the bottom and momentarily put my hand on Padfoot's thigh, who sat in front of me to maintain my balance.

Soon enough, the castle came into view. I grinned, nostalgia creeping into my mind. Easily, I stood and grabbed hold of the side of the carriage. I leaned on the side and stared up at the castle.

"Another year in this hellhole, eh?" I said.

"Be careful," Sirius warned.

He tugged on my top lightly to turn my attention to him. I shook it off jokingly and stared back up.

The castle grew larger, and the closer we traveled towards it. Only a couple more years left until we're completely graduated.

"Let's make this one a good one," James declared.

Lily's hands tugged on my robes gently. I felt her fingernails dig into my sides through the fabric of my robes. Her scolding quickly spewed into worried gibberish. Too garbled for me to understand, I decided against trying to figure it out.

"Lily, I won't die. We're wizards after all. The only thing that can kill me is some 'oh so powerful dark lord', which isn't even real," I joke.

Despite wanting to stay up, I took my seat once again to satisfy her. My knees knocked into Sirius', but he didn't seem to mind. He continued his conversation with Remus.

I initiated a conversation with Peter. "Do you ever have weird dreams? Last night I had a dream that someone had entered my house but it was an invisible house? Like no one could see it but only the people who lived there.."

Sirius stopped talking to Remus and listened in as well. "What do you mean? How was it invisible?"

"It was hidden between these two houses? Muggle houses, I think. But someone found it, and I think they came to kill me," I continued.

"Really? Did you die?" James asked.

"Well.. I don't know. I woke up, but I have a feeling I did," I replied.

They sat in contemplation. It's not that deep, though. It was just a dream.

The carriage came to a stop, and students began piling out of them. The crowd began forming. My stomach growled, and I knew I should've eaten something on the train.

"Let's go!" Peter called, stepping down the carriage.

I swung out of the carriage after Sirius. He offered his hand, and I took it, landing on the ground easily. He propped his arm across my shoulders and pulled me into his side.

"Hey.. hey.. Do you think I got taller?" I questioned.

He glanced at me, thinking for a moment. "Absolutely not," he answered.

"Excuse me?"

He laughed, ruffling my hair. I groaned in annoyance, swatting his hand away from my head. He removed it. Leaving me with a messy nest to deal with.