4

When I opened my eyes, I was welcomed with the most gruesome sight.

Horror filled my face when I saw my teddy bear with its fluffy arms tied behind its back. The gasp in my throat caught, and I struggled to unwind it from the ransom position it was in.

The knots were too tight, and I almost screamed. Quickly, I hobbled out of my dormitory. The cool floor chilled one of my feet, the other completely covered with a fleece sock. My grasp on teddy tightened when I scrambled down the stairs.

Once I was at the bottom steps, I raised the bear in the air and exclaimed, "Who did -"

"Who do you think you are, Sirius?" A familiar girl asked.

"I'm Sirius Black," he responded.

My shout cut in the atmosphere, and I stared in confusion. The short sleeve of my T-shirt fell to elbow when I brought my arm back down. I closed my mouth when I realized what was going on.

"Don't joke around! You piece of shit! How could you break up with me?" she complained.

I don't know whether it was jealousy or the anger when she was insulting my friend that clasped over my heart. The other Marauders seemed to only just enter the Portrait now. They surveyed the scene almost the same time I came down.

Before I could let another thought pass, I scoot in between them.

"Oi. Don't talk to my mate like that," I defend.

Oh my gosh, what am I doing? This isn't my battle, back off, Cry.

Her eyebrows rose, and she crossed her arms. I felt his hand wrap around my wrist to warn me. "Fawkes, stop," Sirius whispered behind me.

Our eyes made contact, and we both shared an incredulous stare. I'm not one to get in between petty affairs, but this one, I can't seem to tear myself from.

"Wow, it's Cry... always getting in people's business," she commented.

She rolled her eyes, running a hand through her hair. She's pretty, got to admit. But her personality really downgraded her. My fury bubbled when she insulted me like I'm the next Marauder on her list. Sirius: check. Cry: check. James: work in progress.

"Wow...You're a fucking bitch," I laughed out in awe.

She frowned, playing with the ends of her hair. Sirius tugged on my wrist again. She's about to open her dirty mouth once more. So I couldn't sneak a 'Hold my earrings' out.

"At least I don't say I 'hang out with the guys' when really you just sleep around with them," she argued.

I scoffed, smiling humorlessly. I tugged my wrist from Padfoot and walked forward a little. The fact that I might look ridiculous right now. Ruffled hair with dark circles and a death grip on a teddy bear.

Gosh, I really don't like people like her. They always insult others just because they're insecure. I could just bite her long lashes off.

"Wanna fight? Hit me like the guys I supposedly 'slept with?'" I questioned.

I chuckled when her expression morphed into disgust. Swiping my tongue on my bottom lip, my free hand scratched my scalp for a minute. Didn't seem like she'll say anything.

Mockingly, I turned my head and tilted my chin. I twiddled on my toes and let her have a full range of my face. All open for her to go at it.

Smack!

My neck jolted, and my hair flew into my face. The sting spread all over the side of my head. The corner of my mouth curled when I registered; she actually did it. I peered at her under the stray strands that flicked over my lashes.

"Mmm... And there she is. Did it feel good? All the anger out? Or maybe we can have a little cat fight in front of the house?" I suggested.

I cocked my head to the side and fluttered my lashes. She frowned deeply; her heel clicked on the ground when she took half a step backward. She's too stubborn to take her small victory and walk away.

"What the hell is with you?" she muttered.

"No, darling. What the hell is with you? I come down and see you shouting at Sirius like your life depends on it. Granted, he can be a bit of a dick but handle it privately.

Have some class, would you?"

I tsked, gently pulling my hair behind my ear. The raw skin on my cheek made me wince, and I tried to pretend it didn't affect me that much.

The amount of unbridled rage she put into that slap was impressive. To be completely honest, I wasn't expecting her to actually go through with it. So I give her some brownie points for that.

"Bloody Marauders..." she cursed under her breath.

She turned on the sole of her shoe and paraded her pride out of the common room. She stormed out like the child she was. Probably off to lick her wounds and revel in the fact that she got a hit in.

Anyways.

I don't necessarily think that was a win for me; at least, it enabled her flashy exit. Seeing another girl having history with Padfoot got on my nerves. Who am I to fight over a boy who doesn't even fancy me back? While he's off snogging the entire student body, I'm here wondering if I have a chance.

"Fawkes? Hello?"

"What?" I blurt.

"Is your face like, okay?" James asked.

Right, I'm supposed to actually be here. Not in my thoughts. Sirius' cold fingers softly grazed the side that got hit.

"Ow? That hurts," I whined.

"Don't do that shit again," he muttered.

My eyes scanned his for a moment. Sniffling, I hurriedly diverted my gaze. Peter pat the middle of my back in comfort, knowing that I'm going to internalize the entire situation when I'm back in the dormitory.

"Who tied up Francis? Who did it? I almost had a heart attack. Who did it?" I interrogated.

The bear in question came up in my tight fist, and I honed in on Remus. His eyes locked on Francis' beaded ones, and they shook in fear.

"It wasn't me!"

-Lana
Peter pic