52. Broken Liar

Upon walking inside, you are greeted to an empty house, which is great for you. After double checking that the house is indeed empty, you blast your music as loud as your phone would allow. You do miscellaneous things around the house. Scott's energy must be contagious, seeing as you get all the chores done in about an hour. You look around at everything you've done and actually feel.. Happy.. About it. You decide to sit down in your room and watch YouTube. 3 hours later, you're bored again. You lay down in bed, and stare up at the ceiling. You barely got any sleep last night, yet you're not tired. You want to take a nap, but you just can't. You stare blankly until you hear a knock at your bedroom door. You answer, "Come in?" Your door opens to reveal your mom. She says, "How come you just up and left without telling me?" "I texted you, didn't I?" You grab your phone and input your password. A wave of anxiety washes over you as you realize that you never actually checked to see if Scott handled everything okay. Everything looks fine, so you tell your mom, "Yeah, I told you about it." "Yeah, but you should've told me about it beforehand." "It was kind of a last minute thing. He was sad, and I wanted to cheer him up." She very obviously rolls her eyes. "You still should have told me about it." "I told you as soon as I could." "And what if something happened to you?" "I don't think letting you know any sooner would've affected that." "What is with your attitude?" "What attitude?" "You're talking to me like I'm stupid." "You're talking to me like I'm stupid. I'm old enough to take care of myself." "Oh yeah? Then what is this on your cheek?" She points to the gauze on your face. You reach up, resting your fingers on it. "One of his cousins accidentally scratched me." Although his cousin did do it on purpose, it was while he was in wolf form. They don't really have control of themselves, so you're technically not lying. Your mother leans in and squints her eyes, looking at the gauze in your face. Without warning, she rips it off of you. You slightly yelp in pain, and cover the area. She forcefully pushes your arm aside, looking at the scratch. "You're telling me that this was an accident?" "Yes, he didn't mean to do it." "I don't believe you." You furrow your eyebrows in disbelief. "What do you mean, you don't believe me? What else could have happened?" "Maybe your 'friend' scratched you." "He'd never do that. He's a good boy." A blush creeps onto your face. You didn't mean tyo call him a good boy right in front of your mom, but you did, and she noticed. "What do you mean, 'he's a good boy'?" "He likes being called a good boy, so I do sometimes." "So.. He's a pervert?" "What? Why would you say that?" "It just sounds like a crazed sex thing. That's what it is, isn't it?" She narrows her eyes, demanding an answer. "No, it's not." "Stop lying to me." "I'm not." "Yes you are." "No I'm not." "Yes you are." "No I'm not." This continues for 3 minutes, and you can tell her patience is dwindling. "Alright (Y/N), here's what's gonna happen. If you lie to me one more time, you're grounded. This means no phone, no internet, no TV, and no hanging out with 'friends'." You stare intently at eachother. You hate this. This sucks. This fucking sucks. You begrudgingly say, "Fine. It's a sex thing." "I knew it. And now, he's probably jacking off to thought of you calling him a good boy. That thing better stay the fuck away from you." She storms out of your room, slamming your door in the process. You flip off the door, aiming it at your mother. You get up and enter your bathroom. As you use it, you can't help but think, 'I hope he is jacking off to the thought of me saying that.' You wash your hands and get ready for bed, now exhausted enough to finally sleep. You stare at yourself in the mirror. You internally scream to yourself how weak you are. How pathetic and helpless you are. You couldn't stand up to her. You couldn't stand up for your friends. The only thing that sucks more than that, is the fact that you should be hating her. But you can't but hate yourself, like it's second nature. You stare so angrily at your reflection that the mirror breaks. In a flash, cracks appear all over. From every side of the mirror, the cracks turn and intersect. They all meet in the middle, where shards of glass fall, landing on the sink. The pieces that fall align perfectly with your eyes, preventing you from seeing them. You exit and flop onto your bed. You wish you could sleep forever, so you don't have to feel anything again. But since you can't do that, you do the next best thing. You turn off your alarm for tomorrow. You get mildly comfortable, and doze off to sleep.

You sit on the floor in the living room, playing with blocks. You're also watching TV. It seems to be a documentary about one of the worst demons to have escaped the fiery pits of hell. It's name is Caillou. It seems to have a supernatural mind controlling ability that makes so the creature never gets in trouble for being literally the worst thing ever. No wonder it's D---en'- roll model. You've been watching a few episodes at this point, and you are starting to get angry about it. After whining and crying yet again, his parents, yet again, do nothing to stop it. In a fit of rage, you stand up, pick up a block and throw it at the wall. However, you failed to notice where you threw it, because it ended up crashing right into the expensive vase. You hear a pair of footsteps loudly approaching. Your mother turns the corner, and looks down to see the vase on the floor, shattered to pieces. She takes a deep breath. "Alright, which one of you broke it?" You did. You broke it. You lied though. "It wasn't me! It was Acasius!" Your mother turned to him. "You little brat!" She walked toward him, and hit him. Afterwards, as your mother walked away, Acasius' mouth was bleeding. "Why did you lie to her?" You kneel down and say, "I know what's best, remember?" Barely holding back his tears, he says, "Yeah.. I know.."

You're awakened by your alarm. You sit up and start rubbing away the tears that started forming in your eyes. You look over at your phone, you could've sworn that you turned your alarm off for today. You sleepily grab your phone and turn off the alarm. Your eyes shoot wide open as you realize you did turn your alarm off. You just slept through the whole day yesterday. You look around your room, as if it was some sort of mystery and you were looking for clues. You shrug off the odd feeling and go into your bathroom to get ready. You look at the mirror, and suddenly remember everything that just happened. Your mom forced you to lie to her about Scott's intentions, and now you're so ashamed you can't even look at yourself. You get ready and head out into the kitchen. Your mother is sitting at a table, eating her breakfast. You pass her and grab some water from the fridge, say goodbye to your mom, and start walking to school.

Once you get there, you're immediately overwhelmed. No one is really paying attention to you, you know that, but you can't help but feel out of place. In order to get away from people, you hide out in the bathroom. You enter a stall, and sit down, putting you're feet on the toilet seat and you're hands over your head. You try taking deep breaths, until you hear the door open, causing you to hold your breath. You look up to see a pair of black feet approaching your stall. They knock on the door saying, "(Y-Y/N)? Are you there?" You stay quiet, not being ready to talk to anyone. They say, "Well, can you meet me in the library at lunch time? I want to show you something." "Okay." The pair of feet walk out of the bathroom, leaving you alone once more. Once you feel safe, you leave the stall and wash your hands, and splash water on your face. You just slept for over 24 hours, and you still feel tired. You look up at the mirror, and it instantly breaks the same as before. You leave before anyone else can come in.