133. What's the Plan?

After the intense game, you and Scott feel closer than ever. You both gained much respect for each other, seeing how well you performed, especially with both of you using some of the powers you each possess. It's still a topic of conversation between you two for the next few days. You still feel the heat rush to your face every time he compliments your form, your reflexes, or your determination.

Just a couple of days later, as you and Scott are sitting down and eating lunch, you both hear the distinct sound of a pair of heels approaching you. You turn over and look, seeing Vera with a smug look on her face as she walks over, carrying her lunch box. She takes a seat across from you, opening her lunch to reveal some kind of fancy food. She then says, "Oh, geez. I forgot to get more scotch before I came to school, ugh," she then turns to Scott and adds, "Scott, could you be a dear and get some for me? If you run to your car and get to the liquor store as soon as you can, you should be back just before the bell dismisses us." Scott responds, "But Vera... (Y/N) and I are having lunch together... And also, I'm a werewolf! I can't be a deer!" Vera chuckles, "Perhaps you didn't understand me. You get me some scotch now or else I swear to God you'll never play sports again." Scott quickly and nervously nods, scarfing all his food down in record time, sprinting out of the cafeteria, still chewing.

Once he is out of sight, Vera takes a flask out of her pocket and takes a drink from it. She turns to you and begins speaking, "Now, (Y/N), Val and I have been talking, and we don't have a lot of ideas. But we did think of one. Sneak out." You stare at her, waiting for her to say more, but she doesn't. So you decide to ask. "And then?" "That's it. Just... Sneak out." "But don't you have more? Like a way to prevent me from getting caught?" She thinks for a bit and says, "We can keep your room locked. If your mom tries to come in, then she can't." "My room doesn't lock though. My bathroom in my room does, but not my room itself." "Then we'll lock your bathroom." "But if my mom knocks, and I don't answer, she'll think something's wrong and she'll bust the door down." "What about using a baby monitor?" "There's no way that'll work when we're in another building across town." Vera sighs and rubs her temples, trying to think of some sort of solution. You know you can't make her do all the work, so you try thinking of something too. Then it hits you. "Wait, Valerie likes sitting around and doing nothing, right?" Vera scoffs, "Hey! That's my sister!" She takes a breath as if she's about to say something, But she thinks for a second and says, "Alright, yeah... You're right. Half the time she skips class to sell her shit or sit in the teacher's lounge. So what?" "Well... What if we just get her to hang out in my bathroom for a while? If my mom knocks on the door at all, she can call us quick and I can talk through the phone." Vera thinks about it for another minute but agrees. "You know, that's not a bad idea. Ha, I guess I underestimated you (Y/N). Well done."

You smile to yourself, "Thank you. I'm surprised you didn't think of anything better. No offense, but this isn't your most thought-out plan." Vera blushes lightly, "Well sorry, I've got a lot on my mind..." She crosses her arms and leans back against her chair. You chuckle at the cute way she does so, asking, "Oh yeah? Like what?" She groans, "Like getting a prom dress? And how I'm gonna do my makeup? And how I'm going to..." She begins to trail off as she looks over behind you. You turn in that direction and see Amira flipping her eyelids and making a stupid face, much to the enjoyment of Polly and Zoe, who burst out in laughter immediately. You hear Vera finish her thought, "Behave." You whip your head back around, looking at Vera with shock painted on your face. She blushes deeper and says, "Wh-What?!" You lean in close, whispering, "Are you nervous about going to prom with Amira?" She retaliates, "What? No! I just... Want to look professional, a-and..." She grabs her flask and opens it, chugging all of its contents immediately, without hesitation. You laugh at her more, watching her frantically trying to get herself drunk. You add, "That is sooo cute, Vera! I didn't know you liked her that much!" She hisses, "I do not! Now you better keep your voice down, or I swear, I will..." She trails off, once again struggling to find the words to say. You chuckle again, pulling out your phone. She jumps forward to try and grab it, her face still a deep red. You pull away, keeping your phone out of reach. She says, "You better not say a damn word to her!" "Oh, don't worry Vera, I'm not." "Then... What are you doing?" You smile at her devilishly. "Texting someone way worse." She looks at you with confusion as you hit send on your text. You cross your arms and lean back in your chair, smirking at her. She starts to ask, "What did you just-" but she gets cut off when there is suddenly a loud gasp behind you, and Zoe appears at your table in 0.03 seconds. Zoe says, "IS THIS REEEEEAAAAALLLLLYYYY HAPPENING? ONE OF MY MANY BEST FRIENDS ARE..." She leans in close, quieting her voice to a whisper, "In love?" Vera lets out a long sigh of disgust and stands up, closing her empty lunchbox. She turns to you and says, "You are an evil, lowlife, conniving, crazy son of a bitch... I'll pick you up at 5. Be ready." She turns around and storms off, an excited Zoe trailing behind her.