22. Just an Average Morning

Scott spends the rest of the weekend at your house, because it makes both of you happy. The best part about being together is that everything's the exact same as before, but with more cuddles and belly rubs. Scott seems to think that since they're so great, he gives them to you too. You both wake up to the sound of your alarm as you remember that you have school. You sit up in bed, and when Scott doesn't get up, giving you the "five more minutes" whine, you gently scratch his head to encourage him to get up. When he still doesn't, you go with the trick that Vera taught you soon after you became friends. You say, "*gasp* Scott!" He looks at you in confusion. "Who's a good boy?" His eyes open wide and shoots straight up. "Who's a good boy Scott?" He crawls closer to you, his tail wagging. He quietly says, "Is it me?" You squish his face, and say, "Yes." He tackles you to the ground, rolling around and giving you kisses. You tell him to stop after a minute, and you both get ready for school. When you're about to leave, you go to grab a hoodie from your closet. As you start putting it on, Scott takes it from you, tying it around his waist. After giving him a confused look, he hands you the jacket he always wears. You look at it in your hands, and think. You sadly turn to Scott and say, "I appreciate you giving me this, but.. I don't know if I want anyone.. To know about us.. Yet.." "Why? I love you! And.. I want everyone to know that.." "I know.. But it's hard to explain.. Please?" He nods his head, untying the hoodie, and instead putting in his backpack. You laugh at him as you put his jacket in your backpack as well, and grab another hoodie to wear. Once you put it on, you two get in his car, and drive to school.

Once you get there, you and Scott get out, and start walking inside. You walk side by side in unison, and enter. You meet up with the rest of your friends before school actually starts. Thinking about it, you realize that's kind of weird. Everyone's usually off doing their own things, but this time they're all together, except Zoe isn't around. Once Vera notices you, she says, "Well here they are." Everyone else looks at you, and start smiling or grinning. As you look at them in suspicion, Polly not so casually walks right next to you. "Sooooo, (Y/N).. How was the party?" You worriedly say, "Good?" Vicky asks, "What did you do after the party?" "I.. Went home." Brian puts his arm around you. "Who took you home?" "Scott.." Miranda says, "Well, wasn't that sweet of him? Verrry gentlemanly. Scott, you must be pretty good boyfriend material, huh?" Suddenly, an ear-splitting shriek fills the air. Everyone looks in the direction it came from, and see multiple people getting pushed aside. The pusher is Zoe, and she is in overdrive. "Ohmygod! Isthistrue? Isthisreal? Isithappening?? Isthis100%confirmedcanon?!?!" As Zoe continues to incoherently ask multiple questions, you interrupt her. "What is going on?!" With an excited smile, she quickly shows you a picture on her phone. It's of you and Scott, laying in bed together. You're asleep with one of his arms around you. His other arm is taking the picture. Amira clarifies, "He sent it to the group chat, didn't you see it?" Everyone else shows you the picture on their phone. You look at your phone and see that he sent the picture before you left for school, and before you told him to keep it a secret. You look back at him, and he's looking at the floor, embarrassed. You wrap your pinky around his, and he looks back at you. You softly smile at him, and turn back to your friends. "So what do you guys think?" Liam says, "Oh, please. You two were so obsessed with eachother. Everyone knew you were getting together eventually, even Polly!" You look at Polly and see she's giggling because she somehow got stuck in a Chinese finger trap. It must have painstakingly obvious. Vera says, "We're happy for you two." You look around the area to see if anyone is looking. Once you confirm that nobody is, you pull on Scott to get his face closer to yours, and kiss him on the cheek. He smiles. You hear a thud, and look over to see that Zoe has fainted. Amira says, "Nose goes!" Everyone puts their hands on their nose, with Oz being the last one. "Aww, come on! I got the last three Zoes!" You volunteer to take care of her and Scott goes with you. You get to the nurses office, and when she looks up, she sighs, pointing to the designated fangirl faint bed. The bell rings, and you and Scott head to your respective classes.

Once lunchtime rolls around, you get to the cafeteria, get your food, and sit at a table. You don't see Scott at all yet and try not to think much of it. You just sit down alone waiting for him, or anyone for that matter, hoping someone will sit with you so you don't look like a loner. Unfortunately, while you're prayers are answered, they are answered in the worst way possible. You hear a lunch tray slam down on the table, and when you look up, there he is. Leonard, with a smug smirk on his face. "Well, well, well. If it isn't the shot drinking champ? It's time you and me had a talk."