137. Think of a Plan

With your prom outfit picked out and in a safe place, the only thing left to worry about was how exactly you planned on getting out of the house. You figured you would just sneak out the window again, but that probably won't work out as well, since you won't have anyone to keep watch for you. As you walk to school, you notice Scott standing around the entrance, staring down at his feet as he holds both of his backpack straps. You approach him and tug on his shirt lightly to get his attention. Scott smiles as he sees you and scoops you up in his arms as he spins you around. He leans in and kisses your cheek multiple times, saying, "Good morning, my love!" You blush and smile, playfully pushing him away. You say, "C'mon, don't say that... You sound like the Interdimensional Prince." "Aww, but I wanna make sure you know how much I love you! Since you can't go to prom, I gotta give you all the love now..." You smile softly and caress Scott's face, "I'm sorry I can't go. You'll still have a fun time without me, right?" He looks down at the ground. "I'll try... But I don't know if I'll be able to... Can I call you whenever they play a slow song?" You chuckle, "Of course, you can, Scotty." He smiles and gives you another kiss, this time on the lips. You kiss him back and then the bell rings. Scott carries you inside as the other students walk in as well.

The day goes by quickly, and soon, it's already over. Scott meets you at your locker and grabs your hand as you walk out of the school together. When it's time to part ways, Scott lets out a little whimper, not wanting to let you go. You smile at him and bring his hand up for you to kiss. "I'll still see you tomorrow." He blushes and looks down at you sadly, "I know..." He grabs your hand and kisses it as well, whispering, "I love you..." You whisper back, "I love you too." Although he's upset, you can see Scott's tail wagging as he walks off. Behind you, you hear someone say, "I don't understand why don't just poison the dumb bitch." You turn around, sighing as you see Damien and Brian behind you. You reply, "I don't care how terrible she is... I don't want to kill her. Or give her any more reason to hate you guys or even me." Damien sighs, "Whatever. It's just bullshit that you can't go because of her dumb ass." You chuckle a little, "I appreciate the concern, but I'm fine. Everything will be okay." Damien scoffs, "Yeah, for you. But poor Scott. He's gonna be surrounded by a bunch of hot couples dancing and grinding on each other, and the only thing he'll have to hump is the legs of the table." Brian laughs and elbows Damien playfully. He says, "C'mon, don't make them feel any worse than they already do. Damien crosses his arms and grumbles, "Whatever... I'm just saying." Damien walks away. Brian follows behind him as he waves goodbye to you. You sigh and begin walking home.

When you get home, you're greeted by your mother. She says, "Hi sweetie, how was your day?" "It was fine." "That's good. None of your friends caused you any trouble, did they?" You could feel the intense amount of sarcasm that came out of her voice as she said 'friends'. You sigh, "No, mom they were great. As usual..." You deny any negative things as she asks, all while wanting to go to your room to cry some of your frustrations out. When she finally stops interrogating you, you go and do just that. All the recent stress from your life is what makes you break. From general things like anxiety and school stress to the bigger things like lying to Scott. It may be to surprise him, but it still makes you feel guilty, knowing that he and a bunch of friends are disappointed that you won't be there. You feel admittedly better after crying, and it helps you keep your neutrality as you talk to your mother throughout the night.

The next day, as you're heading to school, about halfway through your walk, a car pulls up beside you. It's Vera. She says, "Hey, (Y/N). Bad news. We're not going to be able to get any of that sleeping gas for you. The guy that Val and I usually buy from has apparently 'found Jesus', and won't 'assist in any more sinful activity'." You try your best to keep yourself from looking disappointed, but your best isn't enough, since Vera and Valerie pretty easily catch the look on your face. Valerie says, "I'm sorry, (Y/N). We can keep thinking of different ways to get you there, but I'm not sure what else we can do." You nod, "It's alright. I'm sure at least one of us can think of something to do. I'll do my best as well." They both smile and nod. Vera tells you to get in the car, and they drive you the rest of the way to school.

After a whole day of brainstorming and planning, you're still stumped on how to get out of the house without your mom knowing. The only other plans that Valerie could come up with are using tranquilizers or hypnotism. However, she's all out of tranquilizers and you don't trust her with shiny objects. You even asked Zoe and Miranda for help, since they also know you're going to prom, but they didn't have any good ideas either. None that didn't involve death, enslavement, or sanity breaking anyway. All you can think about on the walk home is how much of your friend's time, effort, and money was wasted on this fantasy of you being able to go to prom. Those thoughts alone make you want to beg your mom to let you go, but you know it will be a fruitless endeavor. So instead, you just go home, expecting to have a regular night, planning on ways to get out of the house.