101. The Note

The next morning, you wake up fully refreshed. You help Archie make everybody breakfast, and then Scott takes you home. You've already stayed an extra day than you were expecting, so you figure it's about time to go back. You hold Scott's hands the entire ride home, happily smiling to yourself. Scott pulls in front of your house to drop you off. You double-check that you have everything that you brought with you, and then you turn to him. "Well, thank you for the amazing past couple days." "No, thank you (Y/N). You're the one who really made it special. "You blush, chuckling to yourself. "Thank you.. See you tomorrow at school?" He nods his head, "See you tomorrow! I love you!" You feel your heart flutter, "I love you, too!" You get out of the car and walk inside.

You walk inside and take your shoes off. As you're taking your shoes off, you can feel your mother's gaze at you. When you're done you turn to look at her, and she immediately looks away. She looks somewhat nervous. She says, "Hello.. (Y/N). I trust you had fun?" You look at her with a suspicious glare. "Oh, yeah. I did." "That's good." She doesn't say anything else after that, which really feels odd. No lecture? No comment? No disapproval? You swallow in nervousness and ask, "Where were you on Friday?" "Huh?" "Oh.. Well, I stopped by on Friday to get some stuff for staying the night at my friend's house, and you weren't home. But your car was in the driveway. I was just curious where you went.." "I-It's none of your business!" She gets oddly defensive, tapping her fingernail against the counter. "O-Okay, I'm sorry.." You turn around to go back to your room, but she stops you. "Honey, how.. When.. Er, I saw you in the car with those LaVey's one time. How.. Often.. Do you see them?" "Oh, I guess every once in awhile. why?" "I just think you should stay away from them. They're dangerous, and they lie about stuff." "Like what stuff?" "I don't know, just.. Things.." "Alright Mom, I'll keep that in mind." You walk back to your room, and you can still feel her gaze on you as you walk away.

When you get to your room, you shut your door. That whole interaction was so odd and out if the ordinary, you can't even tell if it actually happened. You sit down on your bed just lying around, being lazy for a while. After scrolling through your phone for a good hour or so, you suddenly remember you have homework to do that you haven't had a chance to do yet. It's not much though, so you get it done with fairly quickly. You are left bored once again, so you lie back down in your bed, feeling the soft pillow and blankets around you. The softness of everything around you makes you drift off to sleep.

"Not even I can remember what's in there.." You open your eyes. Just in front of you is Acasius, wearing his cloak like usual. You look in front of you, where he's looking into the old, busted door that you saw long ago. "You can't remember?" "No.." He gently places his hand on the door as he continues talking, "But something about it is like.. Calling to me, you know? It's hard to explain, but I feel like this door doesn't just mean a lot to you.. I feel like it means a lot to me too.." You kneel down to look into the small hole in the door, which seems to be bigger than you remember. You see your mom sitting down, reading a book. Under the table, you can tell that she's holding something and playing with it in her fingers. She looks nervous. She looks outside and closes the book, then leaves the room. She goes past the wall and out of your sight. You ask, "Do you have any ideas as to what could be behind there?" He shakes his head from side to side, telling you 'no'. Suddenly, you feel a pair of arms wrap around you. He's hugging you. He says, "I'm sorry.. I just.. I.. I don't know.. I'm sorry.." You feel the tears welling up in your eyes. Everything's been so messed up lately, it almost feels like this weekend was something to distract you from it all. You are upset that your dad is gone, you just didn't want to admit it. You and your brother hold each other close and cry for a little bit, before...

...You're suddenly jerked awake. "(Y/N), is everything okay?" Your eyes slowly open, and the first thing you see is your mother's face. She's holding on to you tightly. "Whoa, mom. What are you doing?" "I was calling for you, telling you that dinner was ready, but you didn't come out, so I came in to check on you. When I came in though, I saw that you were crying and laying down. I thought maybe you were having a nightmare." In the heat of the moment after the dream, you mistakenly say what's on your mind. "I-I'm sorry, it was Acasius. You freeze, realizing what you have said. She freezes as well, "O-Oh, you dreamt about him? I-I'm sorry, (Y/N)." She begins shaking a little. You add, "A-And I just found out that dad is dead too." She shoots herself away from you, looking even more nervous than before. "Y-You found out about that?" "Uh, yeah, I was even given a note that he wrote. It's right-" You flip your pillow up, but the note isn't there. "Huh? Where.. Did it go?" "I have it." You look at her. "You what?" "I have it. I read it, too. It's nothing but lies. I-I would never! I think you should know me enough by now! I-I-I.. I don't want you trusting what they have to say!" "I haven't even read the note yet!" Her eyes widen. "Y-You haven't?" "No what does it say? Let me read it!" She looks blankly in front of herself. "No.. No, you are not reading it. It's full of nothing but lies and slander, and I won't let those thoughts go into your head. It's not happening, end of discussion!" She walks out of the room and you follow her. "Mom, seriously let me read it!" She reaches into her shirt and takes something out. "No, I'm not letting you read it!" She turns the sink on and runs the note under it. She then shoves it into the drain and turns on the garbage disposal, destroying it. "Now come eat dinner with Mommy, okay honey?" She gestures to the table where there are two plates of your favorite food. One for each of you. You look from the food to her. "No." You go to the fridge and grab a can of soda. You grab the food from the table and the silverware along with it and take it to your room. Your room doesn't lock, but the bathroom in your room does, so you eat your dinner in the bathroom, sufficiently pissed off.