115. The Funeral (Part 2)

You and Scott walk hand in hand into the room. You can feel people staring at the two of you briefly, but you know it's because of Scott. That doesn't make you feel any less nervous though. Scott walks along with you up to the front row of benches, and takes a seat. You sit down as well, and the service starts.

Person after person goes up to the front to say what they will about Mawmaw. You didn't realize just how much she meant to everyone. Vera recounts the time Mawmaw told her where the most vital veins are, that carry the most blood. Polly talks about Mawmaw's advice on the best snacks to eat while on various drugs. You learned many new things about your friends as well. Liam used to share poetry with her. The Coven once worked with her to destroy the big bad of season 4. Brian never had much of a family of his own, and he considered Mawmaw and the Howls as the closest thing to that. Everyone was also emotional, all in different ways. Brian, Oz, and Liam were rather quiet. Vicky, Miranda, and Amira cried. And some people even surprised you with how they were acting. Damien, Dahlia, and Vera all cried. Not that it was surprising they were, but just the fact that you've never seen them so upset before breaks your heart. With each person that stands in front of everyone, the more Scott's grip tightens on your hand, and the more the tears start flowing forth. Then came the moment you were not waiting for.

Scott's grip on your hand weakens, and you look over and up at him. He looks back at you, then gestures to the front with a nod of his head. You feel a rush of fear and anxiety wash over you. Your grip then tightens on Scott, and your tears flow down your face. You shake your head from side to side, and you try to tell him you're too nervous. The only thing that comes out of your mouth though is quiet sobs. His sad eyes turn concerned and he places his other hand over yours. He quietly whispers, "Don't worry about it. Okay?" He smiles softly at you and pulls his hand away. He stands up and walks to the front to speak.

He turns around, and faces the room full of people staring at him. You can almost feel all the pity everyone feels for him. Since you're in the front row, you can see that he's shaking a little. Sensing this, Archie stands up. He calmly walks behind Scott, gently petting his head to keep him calm. Scott takes another deep breath and begins speaking. "Ever since I was a little pup, it's always been Mawmaw. She raised me, taught me how to walk, taught me how to throw a football, taught me how to fetch. She took care of me when I was sick, and when I would scrape my knee, she would always put a band aid on it and kiss it better. She taught how to ride a bike, and how to talk. She always made me lunches, and she taught me how to use the bathroom.. She always supported me and everything I wanted to do. She went to every one of my games. Basketball, football, baseball, it didn't matter. She was always there.. B-But then.. She wasn't.. She got s-sick.. A-And she c-couldn't walk very e-easily.. And so I took c-care of her.. U-Until.. I couldn't.. And now.. Sh-She's gone... A-A-And.. I-I feel like.. I-It's all.. M-M-My.. F-Fau...." He trails off, as if no longer able to speak. He slowly turns to you as tears start running down his face. He walks over to you and collapses, wrapping his arms around you. He quietly sobs into your chest, muttering 'I'm sorry' over and over again. You can't tell if he's apologizing to you, or Mawmaw, or everyone else, but you just wrap your arms around him as well, and let the ceremony carry on.

By the time the ceremony finally ends, Scott has calmed down. An announcement is made, letting everyone know that the committal service will be commencing soon. Everyone stands up, and begins making their way outside. You walk out with Scott, tightly holding his hand. You immediately notice the faint but pleasant smell of blooming flowers, which just serves as another punch to the gut of how beautiful this sad day is. Scott still tried to look on the positive side, though. He takes a deep whiff and says, "At least it's a beautiful day for it. Mawmaw always loved this weather." A few of your friends smile and agree, happy to see Scott's positivity. You know how that it's forced though, since it feels like he's about to break your hand. Everyone files into their own cars, and Scott pulls you by the hand to his.

Scott gets into the driver's seat, and you get in the passenger's. The rest of Scott's family get in the back, and the car starts. Scott is the first one to follow the hearse to the burial site. The drive seems to take forever, but at the same time, is over before you know it. After everyone has arrived, Mawmaw's coffin is unloaded, and is carried over to the grave. Scott resumes holding your hand, and his grip again tightens as the coffin is lowered. Eventually, when the coffin starts getting buried, Scott quickly turns away, shaking. You pull down on his arm, and he gets on his knees. You wrap your arms around him, and he hugs back, putting his face in your chest as he works on keeping his breathing steady. After the burial is finally over, everyone exchanges a few more words of support before getting into their cars. After most of the people are either in their cars or gone, you ask, "Are you ready to go? There's a reception, isn't there?" Scott nods and rubs his eyes. He stands back up, and hugs you again. He says, "Thank you again for being here.. I don't know what I'd do without you.." "Well, you don't need to worry about that, okay? I'm here for you.. And I always will be.." "Th-Thank you.." You're both suddenly surrounded by another mass of people. The Wolfpack circles you and Scott, bringing everyone into a group hug. You're like that for a few minutes, but you soon get into the car.

(A/N): I've never really been to a funeral, so I do apologize if I got any of the process wrong. If you're going through the loss of a loved one, and you're ever in need of someone to talk to, I'm always here for y'all. You mean a lot to me, and I'd do anything in my power to make you feel better. Thank you so much for reading, and stay tuned.