40. Auntie

"Here you go!" You hand her the present. It's a stuffed penguin, with a note attached. She takes it, smiling, and reads the note. "Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! From (Y/N)! Aww, thank you!" She hugs you and your aunt says, "Well, I'm gonna make some cocoa, does everyone want some?" Everyone agrees, and she adds, "(Y/N), will you help me?" You nod your head and follow her into the kitchen. She gets a pot and puts water in it, letting it get hot. As you watch her set out mugs, she asks, "So.. How much did that penguin cost?" "It was $5. I got it at our school's Santa Shop!" "Ah I see. So your cousin is only worth $5?" You look at her, confused. She continues, "What's that look for? All I'm saying is that you could've done more." "But she loves penguins. They're her favorite!" "Then you should've gotten her more of them, or a bigger one! You know the Lego set she got you was $25? You should be grateful that she cares so much. Don't you understand that affection is best expressed through money?" "I thought it would be enough. I'm sorry." "No you're not. If you were sorry, you wouldn't have done it in the first place." "But she really seemed to like it.." Your aunt walks over to the stove and grabs the pot of nearly boiling water, and starts pouring it into each mug. "Well yeah, but when someone loves you, they pretend a lot. She may have looked happy, but she was probably hurt. See, like this." She knocks over one of the mugs, letting some of the water from it come in contact with half of your arm. You yelp in pain, and your aunt says, "That's how your cousin feels every time you let her down." Your mom comes in worried. "(Y/N) what happened?" In between sobs, you answer, "Auntie spilled water on me!" "What? I did no such thing! (Y/N) just accidentally spilled some of the hot water, and it landed on them." Your mom looks at you, "(Y/N) did you just lie to me?" "No! I'm telling the truth!" "(Y/N)'s probably just embarrassed for being so clumsy." "Well that may be, but that is no excuse for lying to me." She turns to you, "You're not getting any Cocoa. Now let's get you taken care of." She takes you to the bathroom to deal with your burn.

You wake up with a headache. You check your phone, and see Scott's text: 'hope u have fun! <3' You reply: 'I'll try. <3' Your mom says, "Well hello there, sleepyhead! We're almost there." You mumble a response and look out the window. You've been asleep for almost 2 hours, so there's only about 15 minutes left until you get there. You ended up leaving on Friday, as originally planned, proving that your mom was just trying to keep you from your friends. Once you finally get there and get ot of the car, you are rushed by your cousins. There are four of them in all, but only the 3 youngest have come out to see you. They all scream and give you hugs, you see your uncle, and in the window, you can see your aunt. After finishing the greeting, you and your mom go to put your suitcases in your room.

After you get your things in your room situated you hear someone. "(Y/N). It's lovely to see you." You turn around to face her. Your aunt. You say, "It's lovely to see you as well." She scans your body up and down, looking for something to criticize. She comes up with, "I see you still wear nothing but hoodies and sweatpants. Like a bum." "I just dress comfortably." "Still, you look like you're homeless. You can't honestly expect to get a date with someone if you dress like that all the time." "Well, I'm tired from the long trip here, so if you don't mind, I'd like to take a nap." "Of course... Just don't drool on the sheets, they're worth more than everything you packed." She leaves the room, and you root around your suitcase to find it. Once you do, you put it on, and cover your arm with your sleeve. It's a wrist band Scott gave you so you could have a piece of him with you. You lie down, and slowly drift to sleep.

You wake up an hour later, and as you look around the room, you can see your things have been scattered around. It looked as though someone went through your things. You neatly put everything back to the way it was, seeing if anything had gone missing. Luckily, it seemed that nothing was gone, so there was no need to worry. You go into the kitchen to get a glass of water, but as you are about to exit, your aunt stops you. "Ah, (Y/N). Would you like to help me make dinner for tonight?" "Eh, not really, sorry. I'm still a little tired, I'd like to sit down." "Oh come on, you just took a nap, and I'm sure you slept in the car, how could you possibly still be tired?" "I haven't been sleeping too well lately." "Excuses, excuses. If you want to be a mooch, then at least be honest with me rather than make up some pathetic excuse." Holding back a harsh comment, you say, "What would you like me to do?" She smiles and gives you instructions. As you begin doing what was asked of you, you decide you might as well address the situation in your room. "So, Auntie, did someone come into my room while I was sleeping?" "Oh yes, it was me." You're surprised by her blunt honesty. You then ask, "Did you go through my stuff?" "Yes." "Okay. Why?" "Well, it is my house. Your things are under my roof, so I have a right to go through them." "Well why did you?" "I had to make sure you didn't have any drugs or weapons with you." "And why would I have drugs or weapons on me?" She sighs and shakes her head. "(Y/N). Everyone in the family knows what you did, and where it got you. You killed 4 completely innocent students, and it got you into a prison." "It's not a prison. It's just a high school for monsters." "Ugh. Don't even say that word. Bunch of repulsive degenerates. They are wasting our good tax dollars on funding a school for them, rather than immediate euthanization. If that were the case, then maybe your mother would have never met your father, and neither of you would have been born, and your mother wouldn't have been so heartbroken... What are you doing?" You look down at what you're doing, and reply, "Chopping carrots?" She grabs the knife you were using and shoves you to the side. "These slices are so uneven! God, can't you do anything right? Here." She pricks your finger with the knife. "That's how you have made me feel. Now go clean yourself up and just watch TV or something. I'll do this myself, as per usual." You go to the bathroom, clean up the blood and put a bandaid on. You go into the living room watch TV until dinner is ready. Once everyone sits down, everyone joins hands. Auntie says, "Thank you lord for this wonderful meal, made perfectly by me, and thank you for protecting my sister on the trip here, as well as any diseases that may have been contracted from her new living arrangements. Amen." In unison, everyone says, "Amen." Deep inside of you, you repress the urge to laugh like at the LaVey's.