87. Next Week

Scott's sudden change in attitude during lunch definitely worried you. Worried everyone, it seemed. During the next period, your other friends ask you about what happened, but you can only tell them you don't know. You want to text him really badly, but you think you should give him some time first. He'll come to you when he's ready.
But he never seemed to be ready.

You don't hear from him all weekend, and suddenly it's Monday before you know it. Walking into the school, the effects of mating season has very obviously diminished. You see plenty of students that you didn't see the week prior, such as Polly and Kale. Other people, such as Valerie, have clearly gone back to their normal selves again too. The scent of sexual tension no longer lingers in the air, and even Coach passes you in the hallway, giving you a friendly greeting. You weakly smile at him, and continue on your way. You stand with Vicky and Polly. Vicky says, "Hey, (Y/N).. You hear anything from Scott yet?" You quietly shake your head. Polly asks, "What's up with Scott?" You look away, not wishing to answer her question. Vicky says, "He got a call at lunch last Friday, and he ran out of the cafeteria. We don't know anything about it." "Oh, I hope he's okay. How are you doing?" You shrug your shoulders. Vicky gives you a hug. You hug her back. After the bell rings, you all part ways to class.

The next day, there's still no new messages. You're still a little disappointed, but you can't blame him. Whatever is going on must be really upsetting him. You continue to wait it out, and to just wait until he's ready. There's no point in being sad. You remember what Scott told you on Valentine's Day, how much you've grown as a person because of your friendships, relationships and experiences. You look fondly on that day and realize that you can't be sad anymore. You need to be strong like Scott sees you. You check the clock and realize you've been thinking for too long, and are running late. You quickly get ready for the day and go to school.

Later at lunch, you decide to third wheel Oz and Zoe. You greet them with a smile, and sit down. Zoe says, "Oh (Y/N), did you hear from Scott yet?" "No." "Then how come you're in such a good mood?" Oz yells, "Zoe!" "What? I'm just curious!" "Well you can't just ask that! That's rude!" You tell him, "It's fine. I'm happy because I don't see a reason to be sad. I know that Scott loves me and that he's just not talking because he's going through a tough time. He'll come and talk to me whenever he's ready. I know he will." Zoe puts her hand and tentacle on her cheeks, "Awww! That's so cute! I love you guys so much!" She then gets up comes around the table and gives you a big hug. You hug her back happily. The rest of the day today and tomorrow pass by smoothly as well.

On Thursday, you wake up and get ready and go to school again. You're still not too upset about Scott being absent, but you can't help but be worried today, since it's the day that you're supposed to do more training with the LaVey's. But what is Scott needs you after today? You think about it all morning until you eventually come to the conclusion that you need to cancel for today. Scott is more important, and if he needs you at a later time, you need to be able to be there for him. If you go out today, there is no way that your mom would let you go out any other day until Monday. Once you finally get to school, you make it your mission to find Damien as soon as possible. You need to tell him that you need to skip for the day, and it's better to get it done sooner rather than later. You roam around the main hall looking for him, but find nothing. The morning bell rings before you have a chance to look over the area again, so you just go to class.

Later at lunch, you scan the cafeteria and finally spot Damien sitting with Brian and Polly. You go over to sit with them, and are greeted by Brian. However, Damien and Polly are too busy complaining about a teacher to even notice you. Damien says, "God dammit! I cannot believe she keeps giving me detentions! I'm not even doing anything wrong! I'm just rigging the classrooms with booby traps! And it's to catch.." His eyes widen, then squint, "Something.." Polly sighs, "I know right? All I want to do is to be able to post my tasteful nudes around the school. Is that really too much to ask? Oh, hey (Y/N)!" Polly greets you as she just now notices that you're standing there. Damien looks over in your direction and raises his eyebrows in acknowledgement. "Hi," you say shyly. You take a seat and cut right to the chase, "Damien, I'm going to need to cancel training with your dads today." "Okay." That's all he says. You had initially assumed that he would have wanted to know why, but after thinking about it a second longer, you realize that was a stupid conclusion to come to. You nod awkwardly, the whole ordeal was a lot easier than you thought. You just enjoy the rest of lunch in peace, listening to Damien and Polly's troubles with their teacher.

The next day, Friday, there's still no sign of Scott or the Wolfpack. You may still be calm, but the stress of the situation is definitely increasing. Not a single word from your boyfriend or his family for a whole week. Who knows what kind of issues they are going through. The entire day passes by in the blink of an eye, and you return home. Later, at around midnight, you decide to go to bed. After getting ready and finally settling down, there's a knock at your bedroom window.