7. You're Not Alone

Spending time with Scott seemed to be a miracle. Just spending time with him has boosted your self confidence. You have a handful of classes together, and he spends all of them with you. He respects your personal space, and he's always so happy.. Damien doesn't bully you as much as he used to, because of his and Scott's friendship. He's perfect. That's why you can't tell him. Someone as pure and as innocent as he is, you can't bare to make him sad. You're sure he would understand. Be sympathetic. Be there for you. But you can't. You can't tell him how much you hate yourself. Your home situation. These thoughts continue to plague you. Until he snaps you out of it.

"(Y/N)? Are you there?" "Wh-Yeah! Yeah, I'm here." You look at him, and smile. He smiles back. You're at lunch, sitting with Scott, Damien, and Polly. Polly says, "Come on biiiitch! Let's get that last pudding cuuup!!" "You guys go ahead without me.." Scott and Polly get up, and start an attempt to get their last cup for some prize. Which leaves you alone.. With Damien. He looks at you. He's staring at you. He still hates you. You don't know why, but he does. "I still don't think you belong here." "Well... I do. I belong here just like you do. And Polly, and Liam, and Scott-" "Listen, I get that you THINK you are friends with that ray of sunshine, but that's not true. You have NO friends here. The only reason anyone here PRETENDS to like you is because they think it's some sick joke. They understand that you are a human freak and you shouldn't be here. It's wrong and sickening. To think that PGS would let you attend here. There is no reason for it. It's disgraceful and wrong. You're ruining the reputation of this school. You should be embarrassed. They know that, so they act like they like you, because they think it's FUNNY. You don't belong here So don't ever talk to me as if we are friends, and don't ever say anything about this to anyone, because if you do, I will fucking bury you into the ground." Then the waterworks came. You had nothing to say. Nothing to do. You notice Scott and Polly walking back, carrying their pudding, looking victorious. Before they get back to the table however, you run. You run away to be alone in your thoughts.

You don't care where you're going. You just know you need to go somewhere... You arrive at the library. You go to one of the the tables in the back corners, and hide under it. You cover yourself in a fetal position, and cry quietly. You know Damien is right. He has to be right. Who in the world would give a shit about you? You're a nobody. You don't belong anywhere. You don't fit in. You never will. You have nowhere to go and no one to go to. No one cares about you.

A few minutes later, you heard the library door open, followed by intense sniffing. You peek up, and see a pair of legs walking toward you. They reach the table, and squat down. It's Scott. He crawled under the table and looked at you. He extended his hand out to you, and pulled you from under the table. You both stood up, and looked at eachother. And you continued to cry. He takes you into his arms, and you cry into his chest. "Whatever's wrong, I'll always be here for you. You're not alone."